Luxilon Badminton Supersense String?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Happy_Daniel, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

2. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    wow i never knew luxilon makes badminton strings, i'm also tempted to try it now since i used to use luxilon tennis strings but it was to expensive, but they were like the best strings i ever used. very interesting indeed. anyone ever try them????

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Interesting, and I known Supersense for their Tennis strings!!

4. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Is this just a thinner version of their polyester tennis strings? I would not use them because they are known to cause problems. Also the power is usually much much more reduced than the multifiliament strings we're used to. For most of us, that's a no no.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeah, I would stay away from that. I still have ten packs of Pacific polyester baddie strings, 0.68 mm. It sucks big time. Just ask Master NGP :D.

6. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    ummm yah i just noticed that theirs no poly in badminton, i guess its just not good in badminton, haha but then again full-poly sucks in tennis (mains and crosses) usually poly is the mains for a hybrid so has anyone tried a hybrid poly in badminton?

7. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

so does this mean this string sucks =/?

8. KRodfadesaway4

KRodfadesaway4 New Member

what are you guys talking about I play tennis after badminton season in my school is done and all I can say is the Luxilon strings are the best I will always use them and when I buy a new badminton raquet for this up and coming season you will be sure to see luxilon strings on it they are the best strings in the world in my opinion

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Most top tennis players use Luxlion as their string for tennis but it may not be the same for badminton.

10. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

who said they were polyester?
    just wondering...

11. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    just strung a set on my carlton ignite rapid. it is by far the stiffest string i have strung/hit with. i couldn't even tie the knot unless i'm using the tweezers or else i might cut my hand. playing at 24lbs it felt like vs850 strung at 26lbs. it is so stiff it felt like playing with poly strings for tennis.

i know that string preference is personal, so this is just how i feel about this string. it's extremely stiff, so control is superb. instead of playing a game i just drilled with the string. it took some time to get used to since i've never play with a string that stiff. if VS850 is stiff, then this string is 2 levels higher in stiffness. once i got used to the stiffness, the net shots were very good. i would say awesome, but i'm not awesome to begin with so it's just very good. i feel every bit of vibration and more...which i enjoy. of course the biggest draw back is the power. it is not a very repulsive string, which is normal. luckily, the ignite rapid has a flexible shaft, so that gave me a bit of power back.

string hitting sound has a similar pop as the zymax62.

overall it's a pain to string, besides that, it's a great string to play with and it doesn't shift at all. i can't handle stiff rackets, but i definitely love stiff strings. overall i would still use the vs850 because that's the balance i'm used to, but it's definitely fun to hit with the supersense!