User Tag List

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dearest Greatest GrandMaster SH,

I am missing the joke or info here. Please elaborate a bit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Yes, it is union vs non-union thing... Non-union won the first time and union has to go back and fix the truck...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you know the driver miss the second attempt on the Honda? The one got crushed at the end is the Hyundai...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just Charge it to TARP

American Express gets OK for $3.39B from gov't
    Tue Dec 23, 1:43 pm ET

NEW YORK American Express Co. said Tuesday it received preliminary approval to obtain $3.39 billion in capital as part of the government's $700 billion bank investment program.
    ----------------------

business are lining up around the block in hope for some of the billions from TARP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    American Express gets OK for $3.39B from gov't
    Tue Dec 23, 1:43 pm ET

NEW YORK – American Express Co. said Tuesday it received preliminary approval to obtain $3.39 billion in capital as part of the government's $700 billion bank investment program.
    ----------------------

business are lining up around the block in hope for some of the billions from TARP
    Heah, it is free money. If I have a bank, I will line up too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heah, it is free money. If I have a bank, I will line up too!
    I'm sure u would have managed your bank fiducially, therefore, u will be not get any free money.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    I'm sure u would have managed your bank fiducially, therefore, u will be not get any free money.
    DAMN, you are good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autoworkers Union Keeps $6 Million Golf Course for Members at $33 Million Lakeside Retreat
    Friday , December 26, 2008

The United Auto Workers may be out of the hole now that President Bush has approved a $17 billion bailout of the U.S. auto industry, but the union isn't out of the bunker just yet.

Even as the industry struggles with massive losses, the UAW brass continue to own and operate a $33 million lakeside retreat in Michigan, complete with a $6.4 million designer golf course. And it's costing them millions each year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have you all seen this??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malayali View Post
    this hidden agenda is well known by politiical and economic research firms/analysts/interested people years before iraq attack. In fact (which i can't divulge now), and IMO, it is only one of many reasons. WOuld u spend billions of $ (now trillion), against mass protest, risk political backlash just to attack a country for one reason only? I dont believe the american people voted Bush into office twice on the USD protection issue.

some of the slide info is wrong so far. With the highest debts and more pending bailouts, why is the USD is holding up so well. Have u check the euro lately? Have u check the Iran Rial lately ?? The slide also said watch more opec countries start demanding euro. I'm not feeling this urge lately. In case u forgot, saudi is opec. What saudi says goes and right now, saudi is still on the US side. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Chavez can sell oil in bourse if they want but they are just peeing into the wind Opec is more concern about the oil price now than anything. I talk too much
    Last edited by cooler; 01-07-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Speaking of the continuing U.S. federal bailout saga...

..here's one that might tickle our Master silentheart....(some of you have probably read this)..

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...deral-bailout/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master C,

I already got tick off enough at work the last few days...

But what the hell...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things seems more settled now. No big roller coasters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Things seems more settled now. No big roller coasters.
    r u sure?

Detroit School Lacks Toilet Paper, Light Bulbs
    Donations Accepted Beginning Jan. 12

POSTED: Wednesday, January 7, 2009
    UPDATED: 10:21 am EST January 8, 2009

DETROIT -- A Detroit elementary school is asking for donations of toilet paper and light bulbs to continue functioning.

The principal of the Academy of Americas sent a letter to staff, parents and partners asking for donations of items "that are of the utmost importance for proper school functioning and most importantly for student health and safety."

In the letter, Principal Naomi Khalil cited budget constraints within the district as the reason that the school could no longer stock the items.

The district is grappling with a more than $400 million budget deficit and is on the verge of being assigned an emergency financial manager by the state.

The letter asks for toilet paper, paper towel rolls, trash bags and 60-, 100- or 150-watt light bulbs.

----------------------
    Chicago Public Schools' cappuccino bill: $67,000
    'A WASTE OF MONEY' | Report says staffers skirted rules to buy 30 coffeemakers, changed athletes' grades, falsified addresses

January 7, 2009

BY ART GOLAB Staff Reporter agolab@suntimes.com
    Chicago public school bureaucrats skirted competitive bidding rules to buy 30 cappuccino/espresso machines for $67,000, with most of the machines going unused because the schools they were ordered for had not asked for them, according to a report by the CPS Office of Inspector General.

That was just one example of questionable CPS actions detailed in the inspector general's 2008 annual report. Others included high school staffers changing grades to pump up transcripts of student athletes and workers at a restricted-enrollment grade school falsifying addresses to get relatives admitted.

In the case of the cappuccino machines, central office administrators split the order among 21 vocational schools to avoid competitive bidding required for purchases over $10,000. As a result CPS paid about $12,000 too much, according to Inspector General James Sullivan. "We were able to find the same machines cheaper online," he said.

"We also look at it as a waste of money because the schools didn't even know they were getting the equipment, schools didn't know how to use the machines and weren't prepared to implement them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Master Cooler,

I think we all know that Detroit lacks light bulbs every where. I really can not see any light up on anyone's head over there.

I wonder who is going to be the sec. of education for US? Wait, wasn't he the head of Chicago Public School? The worse public school system in all major US cities? There is a reason why CPS is the worse of all major city. 1) Teachers need to be taught on how to use a coffee machine. 2) They can not operate the coffee machine so no coffee to keep them awake...

Man, we are so screwed...
    Last edited by silentheart; 01-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is an alternative or solution but . . . let's keep it quiet .

Dear Master Cooler,

I think we all know that Detroit lacks light bulbs every where. I really can not see any light up on anyone's head over there.

I wonder who is going to be the sec. of education for US? Wait, wasn't he the head of Chicago Public School? The worse public school system in all major US cities? There is a reason why CPS is the worse of all major city. 1) Teachers need to be taught on how to use a coffee machine. 2) They can not operate the coffee machine so no coffee to keep them awake...

Man, we are so screwed...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I guess..

...Man, we are so screwed...
    ..boom or bust, and eventhough it hasn't started yet, we'll be counting down til 2012...

Btw, do you know Mr. BO said (a while back) that he's planning to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chi-town (at the end of his 2nd term)??...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..boom or bust, and eventhough it hasn't started yet, we'll be counting down til 2012...

Btw, do you know Mr. BO said (a while back) that he's planning to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chi-town (at the end of his 2nd term)??...
    I am going to say this even if the Evil Empire might be listening...
    NO OG (Oriental Geeks) in Chicago 2016. No corruption in IL!

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast