User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 25,000 members?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why of course, but cappy was asking me to account for the 25,000++ member number, not whether they are active or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then again, some could be members of other playing groups like chris@CCC. They probably joined up just to subscribe to their playing group's threads.

I see this number as a good thing, a manageable one too given the consistency and quality work of our mods.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    Why of course, but cappy was asking me to account for the 25,000++ member number, not whether they are active or not.
    No kidding Kwun! We should all pray for Wilfred's happiness cuz ya know... misery can be contagious. Where's HH when we need her??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    you must live a very depressing life. i feel depressed just reading what you wrote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75 View Post
    Where's HH when we need her??!!!
    She was here last on 6th May this year. Why are you looking for her?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you miss her?! When she was here, she injected abit of spring into our forum. She truly touched us all with her warmth.

She was here last on 6th May this year. Why are you looking for her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, let's all hug and make up. No point bickering on this non-issue.

Let's walk down the beach, hand in hand, seashells in our hands and smell the salty breeze of the sea while looking at Father Sun lying down to sleep as the Moon Mother lowers her blanket of stars to bid sweet slumber to the children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you miss her?! When she was here, she injected abit of spring into our forum. She truly touched us all with her warmth.
    Even if she does, I doubt our mods could stomach the baiting and bickering again. I remember the end days of her BC career - it was horrible.

I still can't talk about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up CCC is very thankful and grateful that BC existed

Greetings to everyone@BC,

When lurkers register, they become members. As for the convenience bit, that I'll give to you.

As for the numbers, here's a few theories:

1. Members who came to ask specific question on badminton, then off they went and never to come back.

2. Formerly regular members whom had a change in life and found something else to occupy their time.

3. Formerly regular members whom are either dissatisfied with how the place had developed, left or just lurked.

4. Registered to test the water, didn't like the place after a while and left/lurked.

5. Registered as a member to express admiration to a certain player. Player is no longer popular/great. Interest dwindled.

6. Banned accounts for various offences - a certain 'HH' comes to mind.

7. Duplicate accounts, normally used by those who wanted to put in contentious posts but are afraid to reveal their real persona.

What are the percentage breakdown of the above, that I cannot say but I believe (2), (3), (4) and (5) make up a bulk of the number. Without access to query the database I can't comment further.

To us@ccc, we find that BC contributes greatly to our Badminton Community.

Our different members@BC have different interests. They joined as members because they either want to exchange their views or want to ask other members some questions. And of course, there are also those who just want to buy and sell.

Fortunately, we also have members@BC who joined because they want to tell the world what they know, whether questions have been asked. BTW, this is greatly appreciated by all of us@BC.

Those who have not joined as BC members, which I believe that they could be in multiple numbers, X times our 25,000 members, just want to read our BC news and other info.

Perhaps our non-members could be in the millions.

And to kwun's reply to wilfredlgf's comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

wilfredlgf must live a very depressing life. i feel depressed just reading what you wrote!

We think wilfredlgf has just forgotten to comment on the positives of BC.

Then again, some could be members of other playing groups like chris@CCC. They probably joined up just to subscribe to their playing group's threads.

Our CCC Badminton in Melbourne, Australia, just followed the many other groups throughout the world in using BC as a vehicle for communication for our players@ccc.

And we@ccc are very thankful and grateful that BC existed.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe some just register to use the search function. Because you can't use it unless you register.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Millions of non-members, Chris? Billions more like, Russell Crowe and the entire island of Jamaica included.

Well now, as for positives - plenty. Racquet reviews helped me made my mind on the purchase of the Ti-10 classic. Video downloads helped me obtain the hell of a match, AE2001 Men's Doubles Finals. Questions and answers brought me deeper understanding of technique and most especially doubles tactics. Friendship off the site from a few members of my home country. The Chit-Chat brought some of us footie fans together.

What I don't understand however is why that reply to cappy's question was in anyway negative?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2