List of FAKE YONEX BADMINTON Sale sites?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Espiritiv, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Espiritiv

Espiritiv New Member

Engineer
  2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

It is legit oversea shop. It carry SP coded racquets. No US warranty. However, the price are little higher than other oversea shop.

3. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

why would you want to know a list of fake shops? it's more convenient to have a list of legit shops (which we already have, check the marketplace section).

BSO is a legit online shop, but there have been integrity issues with the owner. i myself have bought stuff from him with no problems whatsoever, but others have experienced different things.

4. Espiritiv

Espiritiv New Member

Engineer
    A list of Fake shops sometimes is good to warn people. Easy cross reference, and would be nice to be a "Sticky".

Legit shops listed on forums dont always have the best prices, sometimes the little guy can offer a better deal on shipping and combination discounts. Thanks for your input everyon.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

There's some problem with your logic, and you need to understand why some reputable shops don't offer the so-call best price.

The price is not just the price tag on the goods, but should also reflect the services and reputation. If I need to choose between 2 shops, 1 is well known as it's good service and reputation, 1 is "wish u the best luck or u can get screwed", I might just go with the 1st one, to avoid a lot headache.

The same logic applies to ebay, as many buyers got tricked by the cheaper price tag value. Then, they ended up receive a fake. So, do u think they save money, or actually totally wasted whatever they paid for? :cool:

Never have to mention, for Yonex racket, you can only receive warranty (issued by Yonex US) if you shop from US dealers. Shopping oversea can save some $$$ up front, but if there's any defects with the racket (i.e. manufacture, shipping, handling, strining, etc) you end up paying much more and the communication might be rather difficult. Whether Yonex warranty can be honored (their region HQ or store) is still up in the air in other regions (as you purchased oversea).

6. Espiritiv

Espiritiv New Member

Engineer
    ok makes sense.

Lets say i get a US racket from authorized US dealer, then it breaks while strininging it at a local shop. Will Yonex US replace it for free?

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Do you know how much it cist to set up a fake shop? $80 a year. A fake seller can play that game with you all year long. Guess what, we don't waste our time here.

8. Espiritiv

Espiritiv New Member

Engineer
    Thanks your probably right, ill stick to known Good sellers. Question about warranty: If i buy from US authorized seller, and a racket breaks during stringing at my home town, does Yonex warranty it as a defective racket if its strung under the max weight they list, or would i try to get the shop i purchased it from to replace it? Thanks

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    ROFL! good point. How about you do the work for us.

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer

If it's under the sticker tension, then it will be included in the warranty*

*each incident is different and there is no guarantee

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It depends, as BlueJeff mentioned.

If the racket is strung under recommended tension, and the stringer was doing his/her job correctly, then, you have a very good chance to get the replacement. However, some stringers (especially the ones from some big sports chain, as they hardly have any badminton racket stringing experience) might break your racket, simply because of human factors, such as incorrect mounting, or wrong string pattern. For such cases, Yonex US can simply avoid your warranty.

Therefore, make sure go to a reputable badminton stringer for your job. ;)