Yonex Warrenty for CD & US racquets.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by santeclaws, Aug 10, 2007.

1. santeclaws

santeclaws Regular Member

Student
    I regret to say that today at Yumo Badminton Centre, I broke my beloved Armortec 900 Technique. Im not sure how it broke so easily (Off a jump smash that went wrong and hit the lower rim) and it cracked in two places. I did not find scissors so the strings broke the piece of the racquet, and pulled it towards the centre. I brought the racquet to Tad's and well it wasn't guaranteed that it would be replaced as said by Gary himself. Anyone have any idea what Yonex's criteria is for replacing racquets that have been involved in situations like these?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

when did you buy it? what is the dist code. i assume it is cd coded. i think the cd coded has 6 month warranty. you should be able to take it back to the shop you bought it and ask them to send it back for RMA replacement.
    sorry to hear the bad new. good luck.

3. santeclaws

Student
    Apparently it looked like it collided with something which sadly it did hit the floor, but it didnt crack on the top end of the racquet which already alerted me it was the ugly shot. I was told it looked too bad for him to replace instantly, and I bought it two days ago.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, Yonex warranty does not cover things like this, as it's not manufacture defect. However, since it's just 2 days old, it definitely worth a try. From the description that you provided, I think I understand why the store owner said that it's not easy (obviously due to usage rather than defect). Just take a try and wish for the best.:eek:

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Did you string it over the recommended tension? If so it voids the warranty.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Write the whole thing. ASk the shop to send it in for RMA anyway. It is a 2 days old racquet. If the shop will not do it, call Yonex CAN and explain it to them and ask for a RMA number.

Good luck.

7. santeclaws

Student
    21Lbs. >.> On the handle, it says the thing can handle 25, But it is a 3U

8. santeclaws

Student
    He will already send it in for me, should take until Tuesday seeing how theres no postage on the weekend. Its not the fact that it cost so much money that bugs me, its that well. Two days, new record. Racquets really have found their dislike to me. I've already planned to get a new one if this one fails, and a back up too.

9. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

I have come to realize that if your racket broke due to whatever reason, you shouldn't cut the string on your racket because the Yonex ppl need to inspect that for warranty purposes. Also, if the racket is still under warranty then it's worth trying to send it in regardless of manufacturer's defect or other reasons. Once, a friend of mine sent his racket that was bought over 2 yrs in, and Yonex ppl generously sent a new one back to him, as long that racket is still in production (not discontinued).

10. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

Also, forgot to mention that you will need an authorized dealer to send it in to Yonex because they won't accept rackets sent in personally by players. And I believe any authorized dealer could do it for you not just only the dealer that you bought the racket from.

11. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It's 6 months for CD. And sorry for somewhat hijacking the thread, but is your warranty void if you string over the limit, but break the shaft?

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's really down to the inspector's decision to see whether your case is qualified for a replacement or not. Usually, Yonex US and CAN are kinda generous, and give a lot of replacement even due to player's faults. Of course, if the breakage is obviously due to some abuse, that's another story.;)

13. santeclaws

Student
    it wasnt abuse, it was an accident, jumpsmash hit the lower part of the racquet, roughly at 5 O'clock, and it kinda hit the ground. atthe top. there were cracks at 4 and 5. no where else. that grip slipped outta my hand.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I did not say you abused your racket. However, it might look like it, as it's cracked at multi. spots?:rolleyes: I think the store owner might have the same concern, that's why he told you it might be difficult for exchange.

But still, I wish u the best of luck!;)

15. santeclaws

Student
    Regardless, I picked up another racket today. AT900 4uG4.. Man oh man, no more 3Us. lol Gotta be careful with this Baby.

16. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    What the heck? The 3U is more durable than the 4U and why would you say oh man no more 3U's lol? Just a bit curious....

17. santeclaws

Student
    I wanted one, but I didnt really care since I was going to be careful anyways, that 3U I found I broke easily so I assumed that 4U couldnt possibly be any worse. I did want a 3U, but I decided against it and got a 4U

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You must of hit yours quite hard to break your racket quite hard on the floor to be honest to cause the breakge to your racet.

I have personally seen someone lose their anger and in rage, literally slammed their racket so hard on the side that everyone heard it in the gym. "Klink", it broke in about in the 12 o clock on the head.

19. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    ok santeclaws..here's the thing..your FIRST hit when it broke @ the 5:00..yes..that would be replaceable..BUT..THEN u whacked the ground..now that is NOT replaeable..cuz yonex will not replace ne racket tht collapses in 2..u can trust me on that one..

one question..how did u manage to hit the gruond after a smash..which makes me curious on where u learn howda smash n who taught u howda smash tht made u follow-thru like no tmw..=p

#19 Ah_Shum, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  20. santeclaws

Student
    Jump smash, the racquet totally slipped outta my hand. hit the ground and slid under the net.