taufik: i will delay my retirement and will play for some more years

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik-ist, Aug 11, 2007.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    source : http://www.antv.tv

Jumat, 10 Agu 2007 11:40:47
    Taufik Hidayat Targetkan Gelar di Kejuaraan Dunia Bulutangkis Demi Sang Putri
    Jakarta - Karena sang putri yang baru lahir Natarina Alika Hidayat, Taufik Hidayat urung pensiun dari bulutangkis. Bahkan, dia menginginkan medali emas Kejuaraan Dunia 2007 di Kuala Lumpur, 10-19 Agustus, buat putrinya itu. Si kecil Alika lahir dari rahim Amy Dianti Gumelar, istri Taufik, Jumat (3/8). Karena Alika, Taufik berubah. Termasuk rencananya untuk pensiun. Bahkan, Taufik masih ingin bermain beberapa tahun lagi. Itu agar sang putri masih bisa melihat aksinya di lapangan. Berarti, “Kehadiran putri saya juga memberi motivasi lebih di Kejuaraan Dunia nanti. Saya jadi sangat termotivasi untuk menyumbang emas lagi,” ujar Taufik, peraih emas Kejauraan Dunia 2005 itu. Apalagi, Ketua Umum PB PBSI yang juga Presiden Konfederasi Bulutangkis Asia (ABC) Sutiyoso berjanji menonton aksi para pemain Indonesia yang masuk final. Juga janjinya untuk memberikan bonus uang kepada sang juara. Indonesia sendiri men-targetkan bisa merebut 3 gekar juara di kejuaraan ini.

anyone (huang,indra,krisna) , could you translate the news above ?

TH won't retire after OC 2008, he wants to show his daughter how great his father is, that has motivated taufik to play for some more years.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, just as written in the rooster zodiac:p

3. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

Here is the translation :

Taufik Hidayat has set his target to win the world championships title for his daughter.

Jakarta - Taufik Hidayat change his mind for not retiring so soon from badminton because of his new-born daughter, Natarina Alika Hidayat. He wants the gold medal of the coming world championships which will be held in Kuala Lumpur, 10-19 August 2007 for his daughter.
    He changes his mind because of his daughter, Alika. He still wants to play for some more years, so that his daughter can see him playing.

Taufik said : "The born of my daughter gives me more motivation for the world championships. I am more motivated to win the gold medal again."

The chairman of PBSI, Mr Sutiyoso, has promised to see all Indonesian players who enter the final and also to give bonus (in this case money) for the winner. Indonesia itself has set the target to win 3 titles in this championships.

I hope my translation can help you.

4. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Hope it's true. I dont want Taufik to leave so soon. He really is a good player.

5. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Oh goody!!! Does anyone know how long he will delay his retirement??
    At least he's not pulling a 'Chen Hong' (retiring and coming back a few months later) His daughter will definitely be proud!!

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Good to hear TH plan to play for a while...even though his skills is diminishing with age or other players are catching up to him, he is still a big draw card...no denying anytime there is a TH-LD-LCW matchup would draw big crowd...WC07 as I read from the internet was supposedly a sold-out event, and why not, MAS being a hotbed of baddy fans...but with both LCW and TH exit early before the QF, I noticed there was empty seats in the stadium.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

i would say 80% of the seats are taken.

8. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Where's the motivation?

Thanks for the translation good buddy but Taufik just did the opposite (again) in the WC and brought a lot of disappointments to his fans including me. :(

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    TH is like like Serena in tennis ...you will not know which side of TH will show up....the good or the bad...:D:D as Krisna reported that TH cheated his age so basically he is 27 yrs, not 25 yrs.....so he may play another 2 or 3 yrs if he wants.

Also TH has a good life already....I suspect his motivation is less now than before..except he wants to have AE in his belt...Best luck to TH...:D:D

10. taufik-ist

it administrator
    TH is real 25 Yo... :p

he cheated his age in order to be able to play in senior group :D

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hahaha, that's funny, taufik-ist...

Taufik is actually 23, he claimed he was two year older when he was a teenager... ...so he could get his driving license earlier and then he can go to bars and drink alcohol all over the world without being restricted. :D :D :D

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    so how old is TH, really? I am confused now...:confused::confused:

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    me 2... krisna is inconsistent to tell about TH's real age :p :p

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    A lot of people believe he is actually 27... :) That's the general concensus among the INA badminton club-community. But it is too late to do forensic tests on him now. :p I certainly have never done any tests or investigations on TH's real age [I have stated this in another thread when I made the claim]...:p And most of us don't really care anymore...

Forensic tests can be a good tool do determine who is older or younger than 18. The tests are even more accurate on younger people. In daily life, it is easier for us to determine who among 2 people is age 4 and age 6... ;) but it gets harder to distinguish between two grown ups... who is actually 24 and who is 26... :confused:

I was joking about the "Taufik is 23 story"... Because taufik-ist has a great sense of humor, I played along.

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    haiya..:mad:..I thought I reported wrong age....:D:D..hm...when I go back to INA next time...I may ask a revised birth certificate..5 yrs younger...with botox and surgery in 90201...I will look a bit younger than 35...:D:D

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    we can chek it out in his report book of elementary school (rapor).. we may be able to find a real TH's age there :D :rolleyes: :p

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Good luck...

Good luck doing that... :eek: I have experienced several very thorough effort [by the parents of the kids] to 'create' a fake elementary report book that replaced the original report book. The real original was never recorded in INA school's great & world-class admin system, of course...:eek:

Another case happened where the kid really went to school and got the grade there, but he already cheated on his age when he started school... So he was actually 10 but claimed that he was 7 [which is the normal starting age for most elementary school students]... :eek: His birth certificate confirm that he was 7, of course. In INA, the birth certificate can be created at any time after birth, remember... :D :rolleyes:

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    You know how easy it is to get an ID card, right? I am sure you can execute your plan well... ;) But then I would not be able to recognize you, hau-ge? :confused:

19. taufik-ist

it administrator
    he..he you're right

i (once again) cheated my age to enroll to elementary school

the allowing age to enter the elementary school is 6.. i was 5 yo, cheated one year :crying: :eek: :D :p :eek:

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D..you will recognize the better looking hau-ge...:D:D with less wrinkles...