Armotec 300 or Nanospeed 5000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by matroxication, Aug 11, 2007.

1. matroxication

matroxication Regular Member

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my racket. Am currently using Yonex 8400 and racnk myself as an intermediate player. Armotec 300 and Nanospeed 500 are right on my budget and am confused which one to go for:confused:. Kindly advice.

2. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    i have an nanospeed 5000 but theres not much of a review about it here can anyone who has one give me some input. I think its an alright racquet 3ug4 feels heavy i think compared to the other nanospeeds.

3. matroxication

Yes, I cant find much review for the racket either. All I know is , its low end in nanospeed line and so is the Armotec 300. Its really confusing which one to really go for....

4. jaikumarr18

jaikumarr18 Regular Member

IT server Engineer
    I have ordered armotec 300 and will be getting it next week. will let you know once I get it...I am not sure about Nanospeed 5000....I think Twobeer can help you out..... He knows in and out of all the rackets.....

5. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    i have been using the nanospeed5k for about maybe 2weeks, i think it is a low end from the nanospeed line, it is headlight but seems heavier than the other nanospeed racquets. I find the sweet spot to be small, in my opinoin when you dont hit the sweetspot you can tell becuase of its sound it gives off. Power i think is average, i think its pretty good at netshots and dropshots. But can anyone give me more info on it?

6. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Armortec series = Headheavy, offensive type racquets
    Nanospeed series = Headlight, defensive/control type racquets

You make the decision from there.

7. jaikumarr18

IT server Engineer
    Yes, I can understand that. I am looking for the best buy between these two low end rackets....

8. matroxication

I thought you are getting Armotec 300... They why are you worried about these two of my options.....
    Anyway Midget_boy ..thanks for your response, am more of an defensive player.... usually play doubles....but the other fact is Armotec 300 is slightly lighter (4U: weight) when compared to NS5000(3U:weight)....... Does that make any difference???

9. jaikumarr18

IT server Engineer
    am sorry for that...... I already ordered Armotec 300 but they will be shipping only after they receive my payment....they might receive it on Monday or Tuesday......I still have a chance to change it......Nanospeed 5000 looks cool to me as well.... but now I am conffused which one to go...grrrrrrr......

10. matroxication

hahahhaha.... you're really funny.... you should have thought that b4 you are ordering it.......anyway, still I have nt made my decision... hope someone will help us out.....

11. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Well 5-10 grams lighter won't make much of a difference when you're playing a serious game of badminton. In fact, most intermediate to professional players prefer a higher weight on their racquets, since the heavier it is, the greater the momentum in your swings, hence they give more power.

As well, scientifically and using common sense, a larger weighted racquet will be more durable and stable than a lighter one, since more material is used in making the racquet, it becomes denser and more fortified. In short, a more stable and stronger racquet.

Unless you have a physical condition of some sort that severely limits your strength output or have arms of skin and bones, lifiting 5-10 more grams will feel nearly like nothing, :D.

Head balance is much more important, you'll be able to feel it significantly more than actual racquet weight (unless you play with a steel/aluminium racquet), and can drastically affect your game play if you're not accustomed to your preferred choice of head balance.

Another thing to consider would be racquet shaft flexibility, do a search to learn more about that if you're unsure of it.

12. matroxication

In that case, Armotec series are just for more power is it??? thats what I read, the heavier the head the more powerfull shots you get......hmmm....Do you know when was Nanospeed 5000 released??

13. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

ns 5k released this year.
    i's similr to ns 7k but less tech and lower cost.
    7k and 5k is supposed to be most head heavy in ns series.

i beleive i had my 5k for 5 months since march and say it's quite decent racquet but i've heard alot of people including one of my friends say armortec 300's better. also for ns 5k price you can get armortec 500

14. matroxication

Thanks chrishin...am getting armotec300 and NS5000 (AU$155) for the same price...thats why I am so confused.........What do you think??

15. sikkony

sikkony Regular Member

Student
    Where are you in Australia?

16. matroxication

Melbourne..... why??

17. sikkony

sikkony Regular Member

Student
    Goto box hill, Stadium Sports in Centro near Reject Shop. Talk to Mr Xin (pronounced Shin), you'll get an awesome deal. At $155, you could just add 50 and be looking at top of the range equipment, from Nanospeed 8000, to AT800 DE/OF or MP99 etc, but you got to talk to him. They are genuine products. At least make a phone call, see what deal he can give you.

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    A300 is better allround than the 5000 (my personal opinion).. But as I said so many times before.. Why buy low/mid end of a premium brand where half of your money are just spent on the "brand"-name.. and only a fraction of your money goes into racket high-tech.. Why not buy a lesser know brand and get more high-tech racket for less money.. beats me..

/Twobeer

19. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i have no love for my ns 5k.. prefered my old mp 66 but i got cab 30 now so i need to try that

20. matroxication

Thanks Guyz, But i can spend a maximum of $155...... I prefer AT300 as of now and once I am used to it, I will gradually upgrade to AT500 or AT700 when my game improves......Yes, Xin sports are the cheapest you can get in Melbourne..... Will go and have a look.....Thanks