Hopefully No China domination in all category in finals

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by malaysiangirl, Aug 12, 2007.

1. malaysiangirl

malaysiangirl Regular Member

I really hope we could see something different in finals.Hats off to China players who able to dominate a winning point in every tournaments but I really would like to see other players from different countries include Malaysia bring out their best and be mentally prepared.It doesn't matter whether the player that they will be facing is World No 1 and should have the hunger to win and bring out their best.I've seen Lin dan,though he lost his first round in any tournament but he able to wrap the game up in second and third round and emerged as winner.As his previous performance in China Masters,though he was under pressured with his homeground fans in China but he still able to get back to his form in pressure and hits aggresive attacks whenever it comes to crucial point.

I hope this time Malaysia players(female or male) will bring out their best and be mentally prepared.I really hope Malaysian players spring some suprises on the court and reach the finals.It would be great to see if Wong Mei Choo able to end the China womens winning domination.

Well, I wish Malaysian players Best Of Luck and do your best and treat every single round as finals.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer

It's really up to Malaysia players to deliver as we have good draw on MD and MS and I think we can count on Indonesia and UK for WD, XD event. WS will have to rely on Hong Kong, France and Germany. Overall, I think this WC will be better than last year.

3. helloworld

helloworld Regular Member

agree, badminton will be so tedious if one country dominant it

4. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I think it wont happend if we see how strong china is nowadays

5. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

It might happen. Nothing is impossible. Only in women games, that the possibility is less, but still it is possible. I also hope that no all Chinese final in order to see more interesting match, especially watching Zhang Ning and Xie Xingfang is very very very boring :cool:.....If there is Chinese final in WS, I am hoping for another player like Zhu Lin to enter the final. :rolleyes:

6. staples

staples Regular Member

Unfortunately I don't see how it will be different from any recent previous WC with the ladies' singles and doubles. China will take it.
    In fact I think that China will take all the Gold's. They're peaking at the right time.

It would be nice to see KKK/TBH just to win the MD to put an end to a long drought for Malaysia. :) Of course great to see Candra/Tony to win it too but they'll have to play really smart as they can't match other pairs in terms of power.

May the best win! :)

7. smartie1980

smartie1980 Regular Member

Professional Coach
    Hi!

I think the chinese will win mens and women singles and mixed doubles. I believe there will have some surprises in women and men doubles!

http://filipalamy.no.sapo.pt

Hugs!

8. avataar

avataar Regular Member

in the MS category apart from the Chinese set (Lin Dan, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai & Chen Yu) contenders would be - Lee Chong Wei / Peter Gade(never can tell abt him) & Taufik Hidayat(if he wants to, but he never really does these days). Ponssana would also have been a contender if he were in the chamionships

WS - should be a chinese gold medal tough only possible players who could probably/remotely create un upset would be Wang Cheng of HKng or Petya Nedeltcheva of Bulgaria

MD - KKK/BHT vs Fu and Cai to decide the best pair, but dark horses looming here as well

WD - China all the way , would like to see GLing/SHuang play YWei/ZJiewen(dont know how the draws would play out)

XD - the 3 Indonesian pairs should come strong and take the title - my pick for Flandy and Marissa

9. smartie1980

Professional Coach
    People what you think about Peter Gade? Maybe he has the best technic and footwork but mentaly he is so weak! I never have winned a big tournament like world champs or olympic games... :S

http:/filipalamy.no.sapo.pt

Hugs and kisses

10. BlaZe

BlaZe Regular Member

Peter has a great fighting spirit and is far from mentally weak.
    hope he can perform well in this WC:rolleyes:

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Yeah. PG fighting spirits was strong. We could see that frm SO07 SF, 2nd games against CY. However, his stamina pose to be his main treat as he lost that match eventually on the 3rd set.

12. smartie1980

Professional Coach
    For "our" love sport it's important Peter Gade do a great wc2007. I think that a "great tournament" in kuala lumpur for Peter is win... only the vitory!

13. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Haha....this is a funny thread. It's quite hard to imagine China not getting any medals in at least two or three categories.:D;)

14. jiayou

jiayou Regular Member

I dont think Petya Nedeltcheva can create an upset, bu most probably like Wong Mew Chow or Pi Hongyan or maybe Xu Huaiwen again for the 3rd time Bronze Medal :D

Remember like 2005 in Anaheim, the Indonesian Team fought back in World Championship 2006 after losing in Sudirman Cup 2005 Final in Beijing.
    Would it be the same this time ?

And I am also sure from Malaysian Side would be very very strong opponent "except" Women Doubles or Mixed Doubles.
    But heyyyy Koo Kien Keat won Bronze Medal last time, but this time he is 100% only for Men's Doubles.

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    If a badminton minnows likes Bulgaria can upset the Chinese in WS.. That will be really ROCKS THE WHOLE WORLD :D:D

16. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, wouldn't that be something. a real underdog wins. china, malaysia and indonesia have always been the favourites but if bulgaria or poland wins, wow!