Kuala Lumpur stories and pictures

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by chibe_K, Aug 13, 2007.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

For those of you lucky enough to make it there as a tourist, share your stories and impressions of Kuala Lumpur. If you have stories or pictures of other cities, thats great too, please share....:D

#1 chibe_K, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  2. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

Kuala Lumpur is a city with first world infrastructure but third world mentality.

People like jumping que, littering in public spaces, vandalizing public property, honking for no reason. Taxi drivers like to cheat foreign tourist who don't know the journey fare, public busses are normally not on time and efficiency in the service sector is really slow moving.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Sounds just like New York :D

4. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    You sound like a whinger :)
    I guess if you travel alot in many different countries and always with humorist attidute, you will find it less stressful.
    One thing that you rarely find in many big cities like KL is the friendlinees of KL and malaysian in general.

5. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    if youve ever been to ny u know its not like that...dnt be ignorantt mannnn

6. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

Kuala Lumpur is also the "city of toll gates" there's nearly as many toll gates as there are street lamps everywhere throughout the city!

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You mean Denver doesn't have all these? How dull! :D

Never been to Denver. It is only from the country folk songs that I catch a glimpse - that of rolling mountains, soft valleys, maybe with deers, squirrels and bears hiding in the forest and from time to time giving trekkers a pleasant surprise by showing up in the open!

Yes what's the name of that (late) popular folk singer who says "I'm on a jet plane". ;)

Btw, Malaysia is now in full swing of a tourist campaign and I'll be going there by night coach on Wed to experience all the thrills, especially the ongoing WC in Bukit Jalil. Come, join us on a jet plane, for KL is never the same! :cool:

8. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    well then MR.SPEED & POWER......juz don't come to KUALA LUMPUR or juz don't come to MALAYSIA again :mad: .....juz stay in DENVER coz everybody lovesssssssssss DENVER....and evryone in DENVER is soooooooooooooooo nice.........the city is soooooooooooooooooooo good

9. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    KL is home to me.

There are some actual fact that you mention.I am not attack you just trying to clear things up.There are such incidents that happened as there are people who are irresponsible and barbaric.It is just human nature and it happens at times even here in Melbourne.Of course the chance of occurrence is less in Melbourne.

How about looking at KL in a different perspective.Lot of food to eat and I mean heaps of it.Prices of food are cheap and they rock your socks off.Lots of shopping that you can do in KL.Plus KL has become a city that never sleeps.If you a badminton fanatic there are dozens of badminton clubs around that you can have a go.Loads of Pro shop that you can endeavour.

KL is city that has changed over the years. I have seen it change.It was worst many years back.We are still as a country is trying very hard to improve in many ways.

#9 Blurry D, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    there are pros and cons on every city in the world.....:eek:
    i have asked some tourist from europes and usa, what they told me is, they love the weather here.
    whatever it is,
    here, Malaysia welcomes everyone to enjoy the stay, enjoy the weather and do not miss out the various food here....:D tasty and yummy...

11. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I'm almost sure Speed & Power is an ex-Malaysian that reside in Dever now.

12. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Well ,Malaysia was voted the world's best destination for 2006 in a survey conducted by US-based business travel publication, Global Traveler.I agree with drifit,there are pros and cons on every city in the world.No one is perfect.;)

13. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I challange you with this one. If any city has one similar ?
    In KL city, the foot path has tiles or paving with grids for the blind to follow.

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    to.... sabar la bro.. haha :D

15. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    juz a little bit emotional there....hehehehe....:D

16. darenong

darenong Regular Member

pls elaborate ..... tell us the story man ..... let me guess ... chick related ??? :):p

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Nonetheless, there is a grain of truth on what he said ........

Having said that, we Malaysians will continue improving our standards so that we don't just get known as polite folks with good cheap food in a great travel destination. :D

The present government too has implemented a lot of KPIs on it's ministries, practically all govt depts now have a customer-friendly charter that aims to give better and faster service. Things have changed, though it is still not quite ideal yet.

So, for those of you coming to KL for the WC, we bid you WELCOME!!!! :):):)

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Appreciate the positives

If you want to travel well (and why not when travelling costs considerable time and money), look for what's great about the place.Every place has its gems but you need to take the trouble to notice it.Then you will always enjoy your travels and marvel over it.
    What I like about KL (actually Malaysia in general) is the friendliness of the people and the stress-free atmosphere. That's why many Singaporeans go to Malaysia to de-stress.
    The unique feature about KL is how, behind (or near) every posh hotel, there is a sarabat stall. Critical for a 'teh tarik' addict like me.No Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf can ever match the local tea drink.

19. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, we as a country is still growing. we as a society still have much to improve. give us a chance to be better. just dont judge malaysia based solely on the cities. visit the outskirts and see the kampung life. you will see that, far from motor vehicles, malaysians can be a friendly lot :D

20. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    oh man.... i found another 'teh tarik' lover....:D
    make sure is good 'teh tarik kaw'.... really kicks