where to play in liverpool?

Discussion in 'UK' started by shuttler_8384, Aug 13, 2007.

1. shuttler_8384

shuttler_8384 Regular Member

hi all,

i'll be moving to liverpool to study soon. would like to find out if there are any badminton clubs or places to play near liverpool john moores university. would appreciate any suggestions and contacts.

thank you very much!

2. usermj1

usermj1 New Member

Hi I'm from LJMU as well.

There are couples of sport centre having badminton courts in Liverpool.
    Usually, I go to liverpool university sport centre as it is quite closer to the city centre. Our university one is bit far away and not quite easy to get there.

So far as I know, there is a club near bootle, northern to Liverpool. If you are interested, i will try to dig out more infor for you.

3. shuttler_8384

shuttler_8384 Regular Member

hi.

thank you so much for your reply.

do let me know more about the games at liverpool university sport centre, and also the ones in the club...

are you from uk?

4. usermj1

usermj1 New Member

I joined its membership in liverpool university sport centre. It's free for members to book court. There are other facilities such as squash, swimming pool, exercise room. So it is quite valuable.

The club one involves a bit travelling. So far, I haven't figured out the exact location, but will try to dig out more infor about it.

I'm from Main Land China. have been in Liverpool for a while

5. andyrccar

andyrccar Regular Member

Hi , i'm LJMU as well
    Just found out that the liverpool university club is running at 8-10pm
    It was expensive , 4 pounds to entry and you have to bring your own ball..
    And the people there ain very keen to play with you.....:(
    Do you know how much is it to join?

6. usermj1

usermj1 New Member

Hi~~

the badminton club of liverpool university runs every tuesday night in the sport centre. it seems to start from 6pm as normal member couldn't start booking any court from 6pm. It would be 'money-efficient' for you to join as the membership since the visitor fee is extremly high in these days. You can check the details of membership and application form with the reception when you arrive there. it should be roughly about 100 pounds???

I think that club currently only takes the undergraduate students as I've been told by my friends. It would be cheap to join their club as only about 7 pounds a year extra than the normal membership fee with sport centre????? if you are a undergraduate student.

Wish you have a pleasant stay.

7. Baddersmum

Baddersmum Regular Member

8. rajmussen

rajmussen Regular Member

Student
    I've played in numerous clubs in Liverpool please let me know if you are still looking. I know of a few clubs of a very good standard, some are near the city centre, some about 15 mins away.

I play in the liverpool league and the season is almost over, so most clubs would welcome all abilities.