replacing iso tour 800 by which racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Andre-Acer, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Andre-Acer

Andre-Acer New Member

Hi everbody!
    This is my first post, so I will tell you sometihng about me first.
    I started playing Badminton when I was 10 and stopped playing in 2004 when I was 21. In that time I used the Iso Tour 800, because I was playing a very offensive style with smashing a lot when I was younger. As I grew older I became better at playing at the net and playing a more defensive style. 2 months ago I re-started playing Badminton. I used the Armortec 500 to be a better "all around" player...but I have the feeling that it doesn't fit my style that good. My smashes are really bad and get a lot better with a MP 100 - but the MP 100 makes me loose control. So I hope you can help me...which is the best racket for me? I need hard smashes, but also a bit of control. Which of the modern YONEX models would be the best for my style then?
    I was thinking about the AT700, MP99 or NS8000. Are they close to the Iso tour 800? Or do you have any other ideas?

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    MP99's smashes are about as hard as the AT500s, and less than MP100, but it has excellent control. NS8000 is good for control I guess, but it's headlight, so you need excellent technique to smash hard. AT700 is pretty safe, seeing as you are coming from an AT500; it hits harder (most people say it hits harder than the MP100), and it has excellent control around the net. Myself, I came from using an AT500, and the AT700 wasn't a big switch, and I got a lot more power for my smashes, and my control was just as excellent as it was with the AT500 (maybe a tad better though).

3. Andre-Acer

Andre-Acer New Member

Thanks for your help!!
    Anyone with different opinions? Or are their rackets from other companies like Winex or so which are as good as the YONEX oneS?

4. AndyL

AndyL Regular Member

I was using ISO800 tour too. I spend couple year trying to find a replacement racket, but still no luck. Currently I am thinking of replacing it with AT900T, never try it before not sure will it give the same feel. And Kason 300D is pretty good racket too. Both racket are defensive racket. If you looking for power you can try AT900P and Kason 300(blue) which is offensive racket. My poor ISO 800, one have a crack on the frame, and one have a crack on the shaft. Hope this will help you make your decision.