I recently broke raquet strings, should i buy a new racuet or should i restring?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bwchaos, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bwchaos

bwchaos Regular Member

hi, im from adelaide, and i was wondering if anyone knew of any good stores that had good badminton supplies.

Two of my racquet string recently snapped and i was wondering whether i should restring it *despite my favour towards the racquet, i hav to admit the racquet is old and may/may not last very long*

can anyone give me some advice? i want to buy/restring the racquet before my next badminton game...can anyone plz help?

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

it really depends:

1) how much will restringing cost?
    2) do you want to continue using the racquet?
    3) why do you think it may not last very long, is it damaged?

normally we just restring the racquets rather than get new ones, unless you're feeling like upgrading your racquet or that the condition of the old one is just too poor for it to be worthwhile restringing.

3. bwchaos

bwchaos Regular Member

well, from what i've heard, its between $20-30 to restring
    but my racquet is quite chipped at the top and quite old *maybe 10 y.o.*
    its weight is 112g and i was wondering whether i'd play better if i had a lighter racquet as the new ones all seem to be lighter by at least around 20 grams.

i dont mind to keep using this racquet, i've used it for around three years now and it's always fitted me well, and a good racquet seems to be over $100...
    p.s. i have not had much luck in finding badminton stores in adelaide, only found one and the other stores i know are the regular sport stores that only have very limited racquets..*probably more expensive as i don't think many people buy from those sport stores*

4. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    order from other places, try www.bbesports.com they are a reputable dealer, and the price is quite cheap, however the shipping will make you bleed a bit more than you expected. You can also try www.mybadmintonstore.com mybadmintonstore has free shipping, but the prices aren't quite as good as www.bbesports.com