Carlton racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by John-Mark Welsh, Mar 19, 2002.

1. I really like Carlton racquets and I'm an intermediate player. What would be a decent Carlton racquet for an intermediate player. I currently play with the Airblade 350 but I want to move on to a racquet that is lighter, more powerful and and has good response.

2. Mark

Mark Guest

I tried the Carlton ASTi and thought it was excellent. My opinion says that it is well balanced and can withsatand high tensions generating awesome power. However, it is the Carlton flagship, and as a result, you have to pay dearly for the pleasure of using it. I think it is worth the money, and depending where you are, you can get it quite cheap relative to the Yonex makes of this world. Try it out, I think it will suit you if you are looking for lack of weight and power as well.

3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I have been using Power Flo for 8 years. I loved it, but too bad Carlton no longer sells it. Now both my 2 Power Flo broke, and I bought 2 AS-Ti because a lot of people said it has lots of power. It's very light, but I don't feel any power at all comparing to my previous Power Flo. I really missed my Power Flo. Maybe because it's still has the factory string on it.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Try the Airblade 900, if you can still find one (Carlton discontinued it recently). If you can't generate plenty of power with that racquet, you are doing something very wrong.

5. What about the airblade rasmussen?

6. Dai10k3n

Dai10k3n Regular Member

Student
    Dear John,

i myself have an AB Rasmussen-Hi-Moudulus Graphite version with the CFSIII technology.

i find it very powerful and light. it produces very powerful smashes and clears. drops are not bad. I would say it is a stiff racquet i really like it...if you can get your hands on one i really suggest getting one.

i have also tried the AB Rasmussen Graphite version. Looks exactly like the Himodulus version, but does not have CFSIII cap. Its not as bad as its cracked up to be, its alrite, its more on the flexible side, if you are more of a finnese player, try the Graphite version. but for the price of a Graphite version here in Canada, i would just go with the AS-Ti.

i also have the AS-Ti. very similar to the Rasmussen HM. but it feels lighter and a little bit more flexible. but it is also very powerful. if your looking for light, and power, AS-Ti is the way to go for carltons.

hope this helps a bit
    Dai10k3n

7. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    Soon you'll have your beloved Power Flo again. This racket production has been reanimated (but I dunno if it is the one that was b4).

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

It is available in India! But then It is much too costly! They ask abt 45USd for it! Eventhough it is good i will not buy it!

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

What can i say abt Rasmussen! One of the best rackets that i have played with! very difficult to get but then if u get used to it then ....

It is like Ti 10 of Carlton! One of the best ever produced!

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I don't think 45 USD too costly. I spent over 100 USD when brought from my friend from Malaysia 8 years ago. I will have to ask my friend India when they are going back to India on vacation. By the way, is there any way to tell if my AS-TI are faked ones? I don't feel any power at all as a lot of people say it has lot of power.

11. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Yogi.... can you email me...? I have been looking for a powerflo. Always wanted one. ryu222@hotmail.com , i was hoping to know if i could some how get one.

12. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

The version is Powerflo Br! I had it and liked it a lot! But then i believe when i can get a Cab 20 sp for 2400 why woudl i ever pay 2000Rs for a Powerflo! It is a single piece racket and hey if u knwo someone here i can take them with me and buy it for u ! That is all i can do!

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    If you know some German, the new Powerflo's can be ordered at www.badmintonladen.de

I think they will ship overseas. At least they shipped to me in Sweden.

14. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hey how is it? U never write reviews on all teh new rackets that U have tried! I have not seen one single review abt ur forza! Pls do write a review on POWERFLO ! I am looking forward to it!

15. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    You've got me wrong, Yogi. I didn't order a Powerflo from Badmintonladen, it was different racquet altogether. I just wanted to illustrate that they are not unwilling to ship outside Germany.

And as to reviews, it is true that I have been holding back. I have reviewed my Forzas briefly in response to questions in the forum, though. I have said before that when there is a proper Forza department in the reviews section, I will write my reviews. Probably that will happen when (if) the new software is installed...

16. carltex

carltex Regular Member

now malaysia got powerflo 807,806 and 805.and selling in good price.call me my number 016-2298117 when you at malaysia.