User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interestingly, when i went to China, i played at a local club. one of the guys i saw was taking old shuttles, taking them apart and getting all the good feathers. then, he'd find enough to put together for a almost brand new shuttle. for example, i know that many shuttles are not used if one feather is snapped off completely, but the others are still fine. he'd pull that one out, and find another to put back in. bingo. great recycling.

he made prob 1 shuttle every 45 seconds. i've tried. and average one every 10 minutes the shuttles actually fly fine, and are great for club play.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Last time I checked Yonex had a list-price of 68 USD / tube !!! for AS-50 on the Swedish market.. Guess how many tubes they sell, at that pricepoint?? And if that is charity.. I'm Donald duck

/Twobeer
    0 tube. They are making $0 because they are selling 0 tube. The truth is, shuttle profit is very small portion of Yonex badminton business. That is what I mean. Yonex really does not sell enough shuttles to make a difference.It also pay extra for the feathers too because Yonex does not buy enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love the sound produced when i smash a feather shuttle..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to be in a giving mood when tubes of shuttles cost an arm and a leg these days. Stingy is virtue if it keeps my passion for the game going alittle long. There's also this thing about people re-using their old shuttles for games - everybody should throw in new shuttles for each game and keep the old ones for practice. They should only throw in old shuttles if it's relatively new and they're out of new shuttles.

I cringe everytime when someone (even myself) mishit the shuttle and kill the shuttle during a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player View Post
    play more badminton and you'll feel the difference. although plastic has some advantage espc when you're tired. u use less power.

lots of ppl are stingy when it come to feather ( I know A LOT of ppl in my club). they use feather but reluctant to provide/share the cost. and to be polite I just pluck out one and use mine ( ok, they're level is above me, so the feather is kinda a bribe so they will play with me). but look around and u'll find a deal.
    Last edited by cappy75; 08-18-2007 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default shuttles

I find it hard to believe that yonex does not make a lot of money by selling shuttles. People dont constantly buy racquets but they constantly by shuttles and when you pay about 1/5 the price of a racquet for a new tube of shuttles the money adds up, prove to me that yonex does not make a lot from there shuttles.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMonster1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that yonex does not make a lot of money by selling shuttles. People dont constantly buy racquets but they constantly by shuttles and when you pay about 1/5 the price of a racquet for a new tube of shuttles the money adds up, prove to me that yonex does not make a lot from there shuttles.
    Hi CoolMonster,
    Believe me when I say Yonex and Yonex dealer do not make a lot of money on selling the shuttle. As an example. I would like to ask you, if a tube of yonex AS15 cost you $15 and a tube of RSL Tourny 1 cost you $15. Which one will you buy? If a tube of AS30 cost you $21 and a tube of Victor Champ#1 cost you $18, Which one will you buy? When is the last time you see someone plays in your club bring a tube of Yonex feather shuttle? The truth is Yonex shuttle in North America are expensive and hard to get. With demand low, how much do you think Yonex make on the shuttle sales? I can tell you the AS50 is the best shuttle I have played so far. However, are you willing to pay $26 for AS50 every week? Do you know the cost of AS50 Yonex donate to an open tournment?
    I can prove to you that Yonex do not make a lot of money from FEATHER shuttle sale. However, I will have to kill you or Yonex will really silenace me forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shuttles

My club mostley uses AS30's as there is a man who sells them for $15 at my club. I almost never use any other feather it is my standard feather. However I do see your point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sound, impact feedback, and flight of a decent feather shuttle is far superior to the best plastic/nylon shuttle out there period. Once you reach even an intermediate standard the difference in "feel" is like night and day. That's why I prefer to play with feather at the club (intermediate+) but use nylon (for longevity) with my beginner friends.

It's like comparing a Fiat to a BMW. Both will get you from A to B but in a spirited drive the BMW will come out trumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbait View Post
    The sound, impact feedback, and flight of a decent feather shuttle is far superior to the best plastic/nylon shuttle out there period. Once you reach even an intermediate standard the difference in "feel" is like night and day. That's why I prefer to play with feather at the club (intermediate+) but use nylon (for longevity) with my beginner friends.

It's like comparing a Fiat to a BMW. Both will get you from A to B but in a spirited drive the BMW will come out trumps.
    sometime the road condition is really bad and u would prefer to use a fiat instead

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    sometime the road condition is really bad and u would prefer to use a fiat instead
    Are yous sure? If the road condition is bad, the Fiat might shake apart first. Also, BMW come with runflat tire now a day. Road condition? What road condition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Are yous sure? If the road condition is bad, the Fiat might shake apart first. Also, BMW come with runflat tire now a day. Road condition? What road condition?
    i dun mean wet, i mean pot holes or no asphalt pavement kind of bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    I can prove to you that Yonex do not make a lot of money from FEATHER shuttle sale. However, I will have to kill you or Yonex will really silenace me forever.
    Well, so then you really can't prove it
    /Twobeer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feathers - The way it's meant to be played!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Feathers - The way it's meant to be played!

^---- Agreed

Feathers teach the PROPER techniques rather than plastics require more usage of ARM than wrist which is wrong alrdy...

In otherwords...FEATHER ALL THE WAY..PLASTICS ARE FOR N00BS..=p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i dun mean wet, i mean pot holes or no asphalt pavement kind of bad.
    That's like using a worse racket for plastics and a better one for feather. Personally I use the same racket regardless of the shuttle or standard of play. Same with my cars, I use the same car regardless of road conditions, although I drive slower on unsealed roads .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    ^---- Agreed

Feathers teach the PROPER techniques rather than plastics require more usage of ARM than wrist which is wrong alrdy...

using your definition of noobs, i have seen them playing feathers too. Would that make them not noobs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    ^---- Agreed

If you mean Newbs, then you're wrong, many advanced players I know play with sometimes, but occasionally use feathers (school team practise, etc). If you mean N00bs, you should go figure out what the word n00b means; unlike the term newbie, or newb, n00b doesn't mean somebody who's new; it's an insult similar to calling people stupid. Think before you type anything else please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast