User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wo0o0..now everybody's getting all cranky about plastics now..haha..takin it so seriously tryin to defend their plastics..n obviously..i was teasin n makin a joke..u 2 crack me up..ha..=p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Shum View Post
    wo0o0..now everybody's getting all cranky about plastics now..haha..takin it so seriously tryin to defend their plastics..n obviously..i was teasin n makin a joke..u 2 crack me up..ha..=p
    No, it's just that I was part of another forum previously, and even the mention of the word n00b would spark a huge flame war that would be at least 10 pages long before a mod locked the thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*points and laffs*..dude man..there's a difference between joking and being serious about it..lolz..the FIRST part of my post i was serious..(about the teaching the wrong techniques part) but the next part..obviously by adding the << =p >> makes all the difference..feathers are played by n00bs all the time ne way..my main point was just saying plastics dun teach the "real" proper techniques..seriously..u hv to admit..there is not a single pro or national coach in the world that will tell u plastic is good..lolz..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post deleted, i pm'ed instead lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060823.jpg

There is a difference between the terminology newb and noob. That's what the others are pointing out. Jokingly or not, there is a difference to the meaning, lol

------------
    Anywho, back on the subject, feathers really are better than plastics. I haven't really seen any plastics that mimic the touch and feel of a feather. The flight path is obviously much better for feathers. As many have said, if there is a plastic that can mimic every aspect of a feather bird, then I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll stick to feathers. As for the Yonex birdies, they're way too expensive, I'd rather get some Aeroplane or Victor birdies which last as long and fly just about the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill, Aeroplane and Victors.... Used them, dont' like them -the corks get dented easily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are we even debating this? who ever start this thread is !@#%!!!! this question is like why do you like chicken fried rice and I like steamed rice? what a dumb question. one is cheaper, one is more expensive. one is better than the other depend on who prefer which one. it's all about preferance.

so kwun lock this thread. useless discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone is a little bit moody. And by the way what did you mean by
    !@#96!!!! thats an awful mean thing to call someone. And this thread was not about disscussing preference, it was about disscussing whether or not feathered birds are worth it because of the waste and price. Look, everyone in this forum has said that feather shuttles fly "better", "better" is an objective term. If people played mostly with plastics and switched to feather they might not like the change (I am a sucker for the sound of a nice crispy feather). Why do you get to say this is a useless discussion? Is it so hard to picture proffesional badminton players playing with plastics. The game could be played just as competitivley just a wee bit differently. Also could it not be possible to recycle plastics? But honestly more waste is created with feathers than plastics, biodegradeble or not. And whether or not Yonex makes a lot of money from feathers someone does so there. I dont think its very nice to go complaining to kwun to lock this thread, calling discussions useless and calling the creator a !@#%!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shuttles

Someone is a bit moody. Its not very nice to call someone a !@#%!!!!. Look this disscusion was not intended to discuss preference between feather and plastic. I was trying to present another opinion about whether or not the waste and cost of feathered shuttles is worth it. I also was a little bit offended when you called this a useless disscussion. It is not up to you to decide what is useless. Another point I would like to make is about how people have been reffering to feathered shuttles as "better" "better" is a personal preference. You cannot say that feathers are "better" you can only have your opinion (personally I am a sucker for the crispy sound of nice brand new feather) it is only fair to say that the shuttles fly differently. Also it is more than likely that if people started out playing with plastics and most people played with plastics that people would not like to play with feather. Not to mention I think that if the proffesional players played with plastics the game would be no less competative, yes perhaps slightly different but no less competative. Also what about recycling plastic shuttles is that not possible. Biodegradeble or not there is a lot of waste produced from feathered birds that plastics would reduce. But look it is not nice to call a discussion useless as long as it is friendly. Please do not go complaining for people to close threads because it is your opinion that they are "useless". Finally, I wish that you would not call me a !@#%!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the plastic shuttles fly to fast and you fold them once with a big smash, they turn into rockets after that.

They do make sense for players at a lower level of play. We use far less shuttles at the annual high school level tournament with plastics than we do in the same draw using feathers.

Most players liek myslef started on plastics and moved to feather as I got older and stronger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3