required info. on rackets for diff. strokes?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by khan09, Aug 17, 2007.

1. khan09

khan09 Regular Member

well i playing badminton for 6 months regular.
    i wanna know from u guys that
    is it possible different racket required for different strokes like smash like drop shots or placing.
    I read somewhere that this racket is choice of smasher .
    plz tell me . COULD it possible that smash better for a racket
    or company really made a racket espeacially for smasher or some other shots .

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Some racquets are better at delivering powerful strokes, so they're racquets that are good for smashing. Some racquet give good feedback, it's easier to feel the bird, so they're good for netplay, etc.

3. CoolMonster1

CoolMonster1 Regular Member

Student
    Khan I am sure if you read more of these forums you will encounter a bunch of information on rackets to choose for different styles. You need to do a little research, it should not be that hard. I am no expert but I can tell you that racket choice makes a good bit of difference in terms of play style. For example a really light racket might not be as good for smashing as a heavier racket. Also head balance comes into play here, for example rackets with light head balance are usually better for deffense and manuvering and not as good for smashing. Some more things you might want to take into consideration are head type, racket flex and string tension. Just do a little research and hope this helped a little.

4. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    This always the unanswerable question. Around 10-15 years back, there was no such thing about attacking or defensive types of rackets. Now that the manufacturers all add the wide range of offerings, ie. different versions for us to choose from. General rule of thumb, head heavy rackets are good for smashing and high clearence, i.e. attacking. Head light rackets are good for maneuverbility, i.e. defending. For drop shots or control, it is really down to the personal taste of the feel. Some can have better net play and angle control with a flexible shaft racket, some prefer the direct feel of a much stiffer racket. Also the shape of the rackets are somehow related to the power and control as well, but I personally feel that a good string with the correct tension (personal preference again) is one of the most important factor. It is a trial and error thingie, see if you can try out your friend's rackets if they have any good ones. If you think it is good, remember to ask them what type of string and tension they are using, I have seen people buying some very good rackets and then complain about how crap they are.