Ti 10 OR Ti Swing Power OR MP 100?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NWO Badminton, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Hi,

I would like to have some informed opinions on a racket. Currently I have a little tendonitis in my shoulder, so I would like to switch my current racket to one of the Yonex line, I find that Yonex are very crisp when playing. Anyways, of the following rackets, which one will provide me with the most power (with minimal effort) and control? Ti Swing Power, Ti 10, or MP 100?

Thanks

2. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    How do you know when you have tendonitis? Also..... your post is almost the same post as my Ti swing power , ti-10 or mp77 post! hehe.

3. TDotSmAsHer

I've only played with ti-10 and mp-100 2u and id say ti-10 is better.. way more power.

4. jon

jon Guest

I dont suggest playing at all...

its better in the long run

5. The Tendonitis is not that bad, but I know it is tendonitis because I have had it checked by some sports medicine doctors. After taking an array of anti-inflams it toned down a bit, but being away from badminton for a year has not helped me - i dont really care what happens to my shoulder - I NEED TO PLAY!

6. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    IMHO,

ti10 = most powerful
    mp100 = most powerful in its class, ie. lttle effort can generate power
    TI swing = the sx is just like the ti10... the SR has no power but it is very light!

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

agreed! U shoudl be godo enough to handle SX more than Mp 100! Ti 10 and SX ask for the same kind of ability!

8. FOR YOGI

How do you know Clarence and Linda?

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You could try the Ti Swing Power SA. It's light, quick and speedy and powerful type of racket. That won't hurt your shoulder at all. I currnelty have that and I like it very much since I do have a strong arm but I do have good arm and wrist speed so I use those to my advantage to generate the power to compensate.

Hope this helps

10. glen

glen Guest

While I haven't tried the Ti 10 or MP 100, I do have the TiSp SX. I myself am a power player and find this racquet suitable for my style but you really do have to have a strong swing to fully utilize this racquet as you could spend a whole lot less to get the power and control you need. I've always found that too many players don't match up racquets properly with their swing/swing speed. So if your game is mainly smashing or attacking smashes and you have a strong swing, I would reccommend the TiSp Sx. Btw, the Sx is the only one of the four in the TiSp line up that would be a fair comparison with the MP 100 or Ti10

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: FOR YOGI

I dont Know them! I am from India! If u want i can send u a picture of myself! I as brown as u can ever get and i am okk at baddy. Not like the person whom u seem to be confusing me for!

I am no great state player or anything like that!

My full name is YOGESH NAGARAJAN and my email is yognag@hotmail.com

I hope this will put an end to our small confusion!

12. TDotSmAsHer

I dont get it. So from what I'm hearing... ti sp sx(3u) plays like ti-10 (2u)? Hrm.. if flex how arm speed is then can someone recommand what version of the ti swing powers would match mp-55 in stiffness? Right now I'm looking for a light 3U racquet. I narrowed down to 3u ti-10 (but now not sure cause I heard it was very stiff) , MP-77 3u and not sure what swing power version:/ I've never really played with a flexible racquet so I'm not sure if they are any good. The stiffness on my mp-55 is ok though.

13. Re: FOR YOGI

Sorry there bud...just relax...i did confuse you again...i read the post i had put up quite a while ago and noticed it wasnt you who said that you knew them but someone else...

14. Danny Boy

Danny Boy Regular Member

Management consultant
    Re: FOR YOGI

According to the bbeshop.com site http://www.bbeshop.com/image3zs/yy_tech_specchart2001_xy.jpg the closest match to a MP55/77 is a TiSP(SS).

Note: The X-axis is offensive vs defensive and Y-axis is double vs single play

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I actually tried the SX (900 one) and I didn't quite like it thou. It seems like it was controlling my arm/wrist didn't quite have a good control due to the momentum of it. However, I do like the SA the best... I do also have the Ti SS which I also use and that's ok as well since the swing speed/power is about the same as an average racket while the SA is different.

16. Tony

Tony Guest

You may have to wear an elbow support to keep being inflammed again. Try it & it works.

17. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Not for shoulder problems though.

18. Pete

Pete Guest

Actually, you can't use brute force on a MP-100. My experience with this racquet is to use very fluid whip action to produce power; thus, one really needs to home in their striking techniques. Finger strength and forearm strength are curcial. On the other hand, the Ti-10 is a very different animal. The racquet is very forgiving and allows more room for different types of striking techniques.