Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by negon View Post
    Attachment 89674

is it aound here?
    That's it. The gym is on the extreme left side of that red box, to the left of the leftmost soccer field. The top left corner of your aerial photo is where you would get off the bus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  bads.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  92.2 KB

is it the giant overpass(the one in the redbox)?
    which of the green, yellow and blue box is the gym?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  bads.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  92.2 KB

is it the giant overpass(the one in the redbox)?
    which of the green, yellow and blue box is the gym?
    Correct, the red box is the overpass. The green box is the gym. The website is incorrect. There are more than 5 courts. Used to be 9 now 7 or 8, I think, since they installed washrooms and changing rooms with showers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your help. we would definitely check this one out..

Another thing, the one that you mentioned where in the gangnam club plays, do you have any info on how it works out there?
    I think its the most convinient place for me and all of my friends during weekdays.

Sorry for having too much question, hope you wont be fed up with my quiries.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your help. we would definitely check this one out..

Another thing, the one that you mentioned where in the gangnam club plays, do you have any info on how it works out there?
    I think its the most convinient place for me and all of my friends during weekdays.

Sorry for having too much question, hope you wont be fed up with my quiries.
    I don't know how it works. There are 3 or 4 public facilities in Gangnam and one thing they all seem to have in common is that the clubs listed that operate within them all meet in the mornings only. Gangnam Club is the same deal, 6-8AM. In situations like this, I am sometimes tempted to just show up at the location in the evening just to see what it's being used for but with one of these places, the Gangnam Sporex, the facility website mentions the same hours for badminton. It doesn't however, have any information on what the gym is being used for in the evening. It seems as if the local schools might be the only option for evenings in the Yeoksam area. Incidentally, I posted some other relevant information here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default badminton in seoul SNUH/boramae attn:event

Hi event,
    it seems like everyone comes to seek your opinion and ask advice from u when it comes to playing in seoul...
    so i will do the same
    i just arrived in seoul 2 weeks ago for a year of clinical fellowship at SNU hospital but i will rotate in 3 hospitals
    i'm now staying in sillim-dong around 10 min walk fr sillim station at line no.2
    i'm looking for a place to play and people tp play with
    i'm probably a low-intermediate player
    hope u can help me
    thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the Boramae club, which plays in Daebang Middle School. It's at the top of this list. Sounds like they are only in the mornings, though. #14 on the list plays in Youngdeungpo High School, which is a fair piece to the northeast of you. #8 on the list plays at the Youngdeungpo Middle School next door. Several others are on the other side of SNU station. You might be better off taking the subway and playing in the clubs mentioned in the SNU thread. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    Of course. Post away!

I don't know Bundang very well but there are a few clubs on this list, if you have a Korean colleague from whom you can solicit some help. A few of them are outdoor courts, though.

The Olympic Club (#7 on the list at the above link) is possibly your best bet. They play in the Bundang Olympic Sports Centre near Seohyeon Stn. The same complex has a rink and a pool so they must have showers. The club site has a photo of the gym.
    There's another club in Bundang in Seohyeon Middle School. They play in the evenings. If you want somewhere with an admission fee (as opposed to having to join a club in order to pay for the facility), I don't know if the Bundang Olympic Sports Centre is like that or not. Suji Fitness Park has an admission fee, though and lots of buses go there from Bundang.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

negon and docden, did you have any luck finding a place to play badminton in Seoul and otherwise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi event, yes one of the bc members ryan27 (i think this is his handle) invited me to play at Gwanak middle school with the SNUcock club, mostly SNU grads and undergrads who play there every tue, fri and sat. though lately i havent found the time to play much. how are things? i hope all is well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good day Event.. where do you like to play at at or home club ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by algonquinsmash View Post
    Good day Event.. where do you like to play at at or home club ?
    I'm not much help to Seoulites. I play in Suwon and Yongin. I did play once with the SNU club at Gwanak, though. I've played in about a dozen cities all over Korea and it's very rare to see such a young group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi event.. Is there any good clubs near Deadeck-dong ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your Romanization. Even if I assume you mean 'Dae' rather than 'Dea', 'deck' involves pure guesswork. The closest I can come is 대덕동, which is in Goyang, though just over the border from Seoul. I still can't recommend a 'good club'. I just get these from an online list. For Seoul, the list of Eunpyeong-gu clubs is huge. For the Goyang side, one place to start might be the Goyang threads, which are here and here. For your area, the Deokyang-gu list might be relevant but I don't see any in Daedeok-dong.

I'm not going to say any more yet, though, in case my guess at your Romanization is wrong.
    Last edited by event; 09-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you again, sorry for the wrong spelling.. I'll be staying near Dwight School*Seoul*1582-1 Sangam-dong,Mapo-gu, SeoulKorea 121-835

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dwight School website shows that address but the only thing any maps show at that address is the Seoul Japanese School. Either way, the closest club, basically across the street, would be at Sangam High School (#12 on this list). They play in the evenings. Another nearby is #8, at Sangam Elementary School.

You can go through the list in detail but possibly the closest club in a public facility, where it might be possible to play without joining, might be #14, although the club plays in the mornings and has a stiff membership fee and the facility homepage says nothing of daily admission rates. It might still be worth checking out. The gym is due east of the World Cup Stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be in Seoul from April 24 to May 2 or so. Does anybody want to meetup and play badminton? I would love to play in Korea.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast