choosing a new badminton racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mr_flibbles, Aug 19, 2007.

1. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    hi,

i currently use an apacs nanospeed 8000 and play both mixed and mens doubles. rarely i get to play mens singles.

i am after my first real proper good racket if you like. i liked the apacs i have but it is still just a good clone of a better racket.

i have been looking at the yonex series of muscle power 99, armortec 900 power and technique and the real nanospeed series.

could anyone who has owned any of these tell me anything more about them other than what i've read about them at the online stores.

2. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Err...actually racket doesnt matter...
    according to some experienced player...i see them playing with just any racket and they can perform well, but if me myself personally i would recommend u Armotec 900 power/technique but so far in this forum everybody likes MP 99

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Go to the equipment forum, and look up Dinkalot's racquet review.

4. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Haha yah !!
    not bad either u know...

5. mr_flibbles

mr_flibbles Regular Member

bum
    Choosing a new badminton racket part deux:

I managed to get the chance to use the armortec 800 defensive from a friend at my local club. i have to say it was so much easier to use than any other racket i have. i didnt have to swing to put any additional pace on the shuttle i seemed as though i just has to will it into the corners and it did.

i will most probably get one of my own fairly soon, but i have noticed a newer model the armortec 900 technique is now availiable. it is around £40 more expensive than the 800 defensive model, has anyone got an opionion on how these two compare.

i have looked at the badminton racket performance table but its difficult to pick any difference between the two, the table isnt ranked in order of performance.

6. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management