What is a good raket for about 50 dollars canadian?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robbie, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Robbie

Robbie Guest

can anyone suggest a good beginners racket for about 50 dollars canadian? i am 16 and have been playing recreationally for about a year and a half. What would be a good racket that is also easy to find. Also if anyone has any tips they could give me on playing the game they are greatly appreciated. I love the sport and thanxz for your help everyone. please email me your replies at ruffjiggacashboy@hotmail.com
    thanxz again
    :)

2. Don

Don Regular Member

It depends on where you are located in Canada. Where abouts are you located?

3. Eric

Eric Guest

I'd say go to sport chek because its all over canada and see what's there...
    if you want to spend more then go to badmintonshops..

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    unfortunately $50 doesn't really get you too much of a badminton racquet, but Sport Chek seems to be one of the better places that will have some good sales once in a while where you will get a good deal. They have some Technos and Black Knights that are above $50 but i have found if you are willing to wait, they usually will have them at 10 to 25% off during sales. I think earlier this year some people bought Yonex 95VFs for $50 bucks, (about 1/2 price).

5. Josh

Josh Guest

I recently bought a Yonex 96VF at SportChek. It cost about $60, marked down from $140 or something.

I use it as my doubles racquet. It's a pretty good racquet for the price.

6. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I guess that I will add my last innitial because it looks like there is another Josh here unless someone is using my name.

Anyway, if you go to Sport Mart, I saw the Black Knight Fury for $49.99 compared to $60 and it actually was a pretty nice racquet, light manuverable and it had a nice feel. If you are interested in Yonex, you can get the Isometric 76 VF which is one of my racquets and it's good. Or if you want to try Carlton, then go for the Airblade 350 which is one of my personal favourites even though it wouldn't be considered a "good" racquet.

Hope this helps.

7. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Don't get vf! Well unless you find it suits your playing style. But for me I find it powerless. Even with proper technique :/ but then again maybe i expect too much since my mp-55 is so easy to smash with!

8. Eric

Eric Guest

Do you guys know what high end raquets they sell at sport chek?
    I know my friend got a ti-5, but it broke like a year after. He went back and they replaced it for him for free.
    Do they sell mp55's there??

9. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    most sport cheks sell the ti3, ti5, mp55, iso250 and i think the ti5-light too....

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I think the ISO 60 MP Light will suit you just fine. My friend has that racket (non-MP) and works like a charm.

11. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I've never seen the MP 55 there. I think that the best racquet they have there would be the Ti 5 and the Isometric 96 VF.

12. Eric

Eric Guest

I agree josh

13. TDotSmAsHer

Sport check doesn't sell high end racquets. They don't carry any muscle power series or anything. But some of the mid end racquets are decent. I think you can get them cheaper from the shops that carry high end racquets though. But then again if what you said is true.. that they replaced your racquet when it broke after 1 year... then get one a sportcheck !! I don't think the smaller shops would replace racquets.

14. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    I think the MP55 only goes to certain sport cheks.....the sport chek in my area sells MP55 for $129.99CDN.....itz located right beside Square One....

15. jon

jon Guest

ummm... DONT LOOK AT YONEX if you want a cheap racquet

16. Lee

Lee Guest

They do have the mp-55.
    They don't carry the 96 vf anymore, they carry the 97 vf. That was the reason for the 96 vf going on sale at $60, it was to get rid of that stock to get in the new 97 vf's

17. Eric

Eric Guest

So where abouts do you guys all live in Canada, they probably don't have specific high end raquets at certain locations.

I live in edmonton

18. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

It is so sad to know! We can do wonders with 50can$ here! There woudl be a big spread of rackets to choose from! But unfortunately all of them would eb either wilson or Yonex!

19. TDotSmAsHer

YOGI!

I live in Toronto but I don't get my racquets from sport check. they don't carry high end racquets. oh and YOGI how much does a mp-55 cost in India? Or.... a Ti Sp SX?

20. Lee

Lee Guest

Burnaby