What should I get?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Josh B., Mar 23, 2002.

1. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I want a racquet from Yonex, Carlton and Black Knight. From Yonex I want the Muscle Power 55, from Carlton I want the Airblade 2000 and from Black Knight I want the Rapier Pro. Which one should I choose? Thanks in advance!!

2. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    I'd say get mp-55 or rapier pro.. i tried them both.. and like them both havn't tried any high end carltons though. Rapier is a good racquet. MP-55 requires lots of strength so unless you have strong arms this racquet will tire you out. MP-55 gives great power and decent control. Manuverbility is decent. Oh yea i just remembered, this racquet (for me) took about a week to get used to. The muscle power requires muscles ! However, rapier pro is also a really good racquet in my opinion, I played 1 game with it and it felt great.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

If u dont have a good wrist then dont buy th AB 2000! But if u have one then u are the man at the court with that racket! I have had 3 of them! Mp 55 is a slow head heavy good racket fro singles! If u want to play doubles then carlton gives u the amazing advantage!

4. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    True. I find racquet doesn't move as easy because too heavy.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Partly true
    But preparation has a lot to do with it. Try preparing for the shot fractionally earlier.

6. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

What BN said was partly true as well. But you never know, the VF series could suit a pro player, it all depends what you like in a racquet.