User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post

The above doesn't sound very right, does it?
    It sounds right. LCW and Hafiz were praised by Misbun for turning up earliest during training. They were also the last to leave. However, in the end, both didnt perform. 7 or 8 hrs dont really matter. The most important is the results.

I still think, the more you practice, the more you learn. I'm not comparing China with Malaysia but long hours of practice do show results. China has proven that 8 hrs works. Do you have any prove showing that 7 hrs perday resulted in another Lin Dan, Zhang Ning or Gao Ling?

So until 7hrs have produced a result, we have to stick to the fact that 8 hrs (or long hrs) of training is still better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still believe you're oversimplifying matters there. If it were that simple every nation need to just adopt 8 hours or more to produce world champions.

Why didn't the BAM thought of such a simple solution before? The answer is because it is just not as simple as that.

But of course, China is dominating because they did so, it must be the key ingredient to their success.

I have trouble following that argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just hope all of the msian players will hang in there......
    hope they all will take care of themselves....haihh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still believe you're oversimplifying matters there. If it were that simple every nation need to just adopt 8 hours or more to produce world champions.
    China players train consistently 8hrs/day for ages, perhaps the moment a player joins the badminton academy.

Some other countries only do it for 2-3 years or only do so when the tournaments are near. How can every nation that implement 8hrs or more can produce WC consistently like China? It's surely not as simple as that.

If you think 7hrs for Malaysian players are the best of the best, you win. Argument ends here. Only the coaches and players know what are the best. Anything that they do beyond the 7hrs is an extra bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was ready to concede that one additional hour may add some marginal advantage with extra time for training but I cannot accept it being the key ingredient that differentiates between the quality of players from MAS and CHN.

As with every other sports in the world, talent is inborn - you either have it or don't. You can train on the physical aspects to take advantage of the talents but you can't do the reverse.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, then.

Quote Originally Posted by thiery View Post
    Some other countries only do it for 2-3 years or only do so when the tournaments are near. How can every nation that implement 8hrs or more can produce WC consistently like China? It's surely not as simple as that.
    It's not that simple indeed.

If you think 7hrs for Malaysian players are the best of the best, you win. Argument ends here. Only the coaches and players know what are the best. Anything that they do beyond the 7hrs is an extra bonus.
    To be honest, I don't know how many hours is good enough for Malaysian players but I'm pretty sure it differs to other coaching setups at other places depending on the situation, culture, politics, management et al.

I'm quite sure China's blueprint isn't without flaws too - their powerful and speedy men's doubles often get outwitted by smarter and more tactical players.

My take on China's domination of world badminton lies in the fierce competition for places in the national team. They can probably find 5 Lin Dan-type players every 10 years or so while probably just one or none for other nations in the world. We have not seen the likes of young players like Peter Gade from Denmark for a long while, neither have we seen an equal of Susi Susanti from Indonesia with the exception of Mia Audina, many years later.

That is just by talent alone. What about the additional factors that I mentioned a earlier? 5 Lin Dans become 2, while others stay at 1 or often, becomes 0.

I'm pretty sure LCW would do a lot better if he had players of his calibre or better competing for places as the nation's number one, knowing that the kind of outburst against YKH may just push him out of the picture in favour of his local rival.

Again, how to deal with this? I don't know. Make more babies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be this is the good start 4 kkk n tbh coz practice makes prefect so hope them can "recovered" soon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Well said, wilfredlgf. I dont think training time have all that much influence in results. What is more important is the quality of the training.
    Quality is assumed. You think Rexy would give them dumbo training? What is crucial is to reach threshold duration. To find out, they need to experiment.If they are not getting consistent results with 5, 6 or 7 hours, then try and match CHN's 8 hours and see what happens.Hope MAS MDs survive 8 hours!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Here's a thought..

..instead of 7 or 8 hrs of training/day, any M'sian players up for a 9 or 10 hrs training/day??..let's see if that training method will produce the desired effects..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, everyone! I am new here.
    Hopefully the doubles player could buck up after tough tough tough training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, how to deal with this? I don't know. Make more babies?
    yeah, couldnt agree more. making babies.....hmmm......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players' leg were sore. Most of them walk very funny(today should be better) maybe still not use to the 3 sessions. Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    yeah, couldnt agree more. making babies.....hmmm......
    Could it be too early for LCW & WMC They aint married yet

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Hi, everyone! I am new here.
    Hopefully the doubles player could buck up after tough tough tough training.
    Tough training is a recurring theme with MAS players. There are always reports of tougher training. It is well known that elite athletes will actually taper off the tough training towards a competition. I don't expect this tough regime will last for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    Could it be too early for LCW & WMC They aint married yet
    hahaha......love this funny comment. LD & XXF aint married yet too.

BTW, i saw a news on ESPN channel today. It was said that the 3 sessions per day are not final yet. The coaches and players will meet with NSC (National Sports Council) next week. During the meeting, they'll all discuss abt this matter. And then, the NSC will make the final decision. So weird, why should NSC be the one to make the decision? They know nothing!!!

this is also the first time in so many months that ESPN has a news on Badminton. there surely is an increase in publicity. good for badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this surely works....i still think rexy shall include more sessions...the chinese train 8 hours a day (Mas only recently 7 hrs). See.....China is now producing world class players. The hours of practice do matters.
    if they practise so much(even 10 hours a day) but their mind is somewhere else, then wats the point of practising?? if they can fully concentrate n train hard for tat 7 hours, i don see y they cant compete against china players... n mas players should buck up n don be so money minded.. they should be more consistent in winning more tournaments.. n also don over proud of wat they have achived..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like what's being said by Rexy, you can't make the horse drink !!! Its up to each players' desire to train hard or wanting bad to win. Tiger Woods doesn't need his trainer forced him to train, he has a regiment schedule to get up early before dawn to work on his game. He hits over 1000 balls every session and go over to the putting green and putt again and again until he could putt into the cup three times in a roll before moving from the spot. That's determination from an inner-self. Our players need to acknowledge that by achieving good results comes with hard work and pure determination. Vijay Singh is considered the hardest working player in the tour and he realized for his age he have to train twice as hard, there's no short cut to success. Its high time the players start growing up and take responsibility. Don't led any outside be a hinderance, you will always be under scrutiny and critised as long as you are in the highlight of the public. Turn the negative to positive and set the mind to only the positive thoughts. Discipline the behaviours to do well and at the end of the day, you can have the satisfaction that you gave your best. Respect the game and the game will be kind to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah tats true.. but the prob wit our players is that they just wouldnt work hard if theres no reward or some other incentives.. i think if u offer them certain amount of cash or rewards for winning each tournament then i think MAS badminton team will be as strong as CHN..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast