User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and didnt politicians step down?

i dont think there is a definite 'cure' for malaysian badminton. we arent doing that bad as well.
    for example, always coming in second is still... coming in second or in other words, not coming first. i guess we focus too much on not coming first instead of coming in second.
    sometimes its just talent and skill. malaysia might not have the resources (labour) to satisfy it's ambitions. china has over 1 billion people to 'choose' from which gives them a wide wide wide range of choices. if there is only 1 phone (lets say... nokia6610) available on the market, then you have to go for that if u want a phone. but if there are 3 phones (nokia6610, k700 and v3) then you have a choice between them - thus u can choose the best or the one that suits ur needs.

and at times its infrastructure. do we have enough academies at schoolboy level? i have no idea whatsoever. perhaps we do, perhaps we dont.

what about mentality? of course, malaysia as a whole does not work as a single unit. there are vasts differences in people's mentalities. for example, Pemuda is critical of malaysian badminton. ants is somewhat neutral and logical. while others are true fans, always supporting the cohort. do our players have the right mentality? perhaps. they do have passion for the game (if not they wouldn't be playing professionaly would they). they do have ambition and rather strong determination. all in all, its a learning process. TBH cracked, too bad. i believe he would take the experience and build on it.

you have to admit that there is some truth in the "truth" behind the racket head of malaysian players. i dont agree with political interference in sporting bodies or events. whether or not that affects the players is another debate.

my personal suggestion changes from time to time, clearly to suit different situations and issues.

going back to the initial topic of this thread, i think Rexy canceling the one-week holiday does help the players in one way or another.
    i love trainings. i think any extra training would do more good than harm. i know i can get better with more trainings.

i guess its rather difficult for badminton. lets take a look at football (soccer), a new manager of a team would bring in players who fits his playing mentality. if he loves to play an anchorman in midfield, he would get a player like claude makalele to fit his stereotype of a good anchorman. if he wants a fast striker who would come deep to get the ball he would be interested in securing the services of theirry henry.
    in baddie, its so different. we can't just buy/sell players as we see fit. if LYB loves to exert his dominance over his players, then they have to submit or risk being dropped. in malaysia there isnt such freedom, if you may. lets say you drop LCW, who is going to take the no1 MS position? you best chance would be to keep LCW there.

edit:
    you would also have to see if those coaches would come to malaysia and take up the position. morten frost is unlikely to, park dont think so and the other local, never heard of him. we dont produce too many talented coaches locally.
    Last edited by llpjlau; 08-25-2007 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_11 View Post
    players such as roslin, lee tsuen seng, sairul, yogen, james etc should retired n give their places to more potential young back up players such as arif, chun seang, kwong beng etc... tis young players are more energetic n more determinant then their senior players.. they have passed their supreme time n its time for our junior players to shine in international arena..
    Why why are the juniors not given the exposure ? YOU CAN'T HOLD BACK THE PLAYERS !!!! Time to scrape the projected plans and start grooming the juniors ASAP. Didn't Rexy gave the junior XD players the chance to gain some major tournament experience ???? STOP WASTING TIME AND MONEY ON DEAD MEAT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    and didnt politicians step down?

i dont think there is a definite 'cure' for malaysian badminton. we arent doing that bad as well.
    for example, always coming in second is still... coming in second or in other words, not coming first. i guess we focus too much on not coming first instead of coming in second.
    sometimes its just talent and skill. malaysia might not have the resources (labour) to satisfy it's ambitions. china has over 1 billion people to 'choose' from which gives them a wide wide wide range of choices. if there is only 1 phone (lets say... nokia6610) available on the market, then you have to go for that if u want a phone. but if there are 3 phones (nokia6610, k700 and v3) then you have a choice between them - thus u can choose the best or the one that suits ur needs.

and at times its infrastructure. do we have enough academies at schoolboy level? i have no idea whatsoever. perhaps we do, perhaps we dont.

what about mentality? of course, malaysia as a whole does not work as a single unit. there are vasts differences in people's mentalities. for example, Pemuda is critical of malaysian badminton. ants is somewhat neutral and logical. while others are true fans, always supporting the cohort. do our players have the right mentality? perhaps. they do have passion for the game (if not they wouldn't be playing professionaly would they). they do have ambition and rather strong determination. all in all, its a learning process. TBH cracked, too bad. i believe he would take the experience and build on it.

you have to admit that there is some truth in the "truth" behind the racket head of malaysian players. i dont agree with political interference in sporting bodies or events. whether or not that affects the players is another debate.

my personal suggestion changes from time to time, clearly to suit different situations and issues.

going back to the initial topic of this thread, i think Rexy canceling the one-week holiday does help the players in one way or another.
    i love trainings. i think any extra training would do more good than harm. i know i can get better with more trainings.

i guess its rather difficult for badminton. lets take a look at football (soccer), a new manager of a team would bring in players who fits his playing mentality. if he loves to play an anchorman in midfield, he would get a player like claude makalele to fit his stereotype of a good anchorman. if he wants a fast striker who would come deep to get the ball he would be interested in securing the services of theirry henry.
    in baddie, its so different. we can't just buy/sell players as we see fit. if LYB loves to exert his dominance over his players, then they have to submit or risk being dropped. in malaysia there isnt such freedom, if you may. lets say you drop LCW, who is going to take the no1 MS position? you best chance would be to keep LCW there.

edit:
    you would also have to see if those coaches would come to malaysia and take up the position. morten frost is unlikely to, park dont think so and the other local, never heard of him. we dont produce too many talented coaches locally.
    Nope, the politicians are still there, sticking to the sports association like super glue.
    Having a guy like Zakaria Deros in the Selangor Badminton Association pretty much tells you the fate of Msian badminton.

The population thingy is rather subjective. If sports domination is down to population size, then China would have won the football world cup a few times over by now. Denmark has a relative small population and yet they have produced world class badminton players and have beaten Msia in a few Thomas Cup series.

Football for example, we were at par with S Korea in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, but look what happened to them and us? We used to whip Japan back in the old days, look at Japan now. What happened? Population in Japan/Korea more than Msia? Fyi, Trinidad & Tobago made it to the WC 2006 and the population of T&T is around 1.5 million!

It is the same in badminton, we continue to stick with the prima donnas and as long as we dont have the guts to drop them, we will get poor results. Our juniors will be deprieved of gaining the experience and thus the usual argument of no talent pool etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, Morten Frost coached Malaysia back in the 90s. But he left because he got fed up with the meddling officials and etc.

Tan Yee Khan is a legend, fyi.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pretty sure i said more than just population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Population is the key to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    By the way, Morten Frost coached Malaysia back in the 90s. But he left because he got fed up with the meddling officials and etc.

Tan Yee Khan is a legend, fyi.

I am not sure about his coaching results.. But from wat we have seen so far, a legend in his players carriers does not means he will be a great coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuel882 View Post
    I am not sure about his coaching results.. But from wat we have seen so far, a legend in his players carriers does not means he will be a great coach
    Well, like I said in Msian badminton. There are too many politicians and their lackeys in BAM. As such, you will have favourtism. Yee Khan was never given a chance and I doubt the man want to get his hands dirty as well.

I guess an indisciplined and rebel of a player in his playing days like Misbun is a good coach then, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how many "LYB" could we get in the world this time around
    Why look far when you have one in your payroll. REXY, no nonsense with the players, disciplinary guy and not afraid to rock the boat.
    • AG 2007 - told his players he had enough , will take his coaching somewhere else where it will be appreciated
    • Dismantle the pairs and took the challenge into forming new combinations regardless the points that might affect the seedings
    • Who was the one that demanded to give the junior XD the exposure
    • Face the truth with his players and discipline them when needed
    • Respect by his peers and also the players
    • Great motivator, ask LCW
    • Voice his opinion instead of hiding behind BAM - ask the press
    • He is a champion himself, knows exactly what and how to become one
    Enough said, give the man the resources and leave him alone for 2-3 years and you will see him giving China a run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Well, like I said in Msian badminton. There are too many politicians and their lackeys in BAM. As such, you will have favourtism. Yee Khan was never given a chance and I doubt the man want to get his hands dirty as well.

I guess an indisciplined and rebel of a player in his playing days like Misbun is a good coach then, eh?
    LCW results under LiMAO

I guess I never admit Misbun is a great coach.. However, LCW results under his guidance :

1. Indonesia open '07 - Winner
    2. Philipine Open '07 - Winner
    3. China Master '07 - Semi Finalist

While LCW didn't achieve consistency in LiMao's belt.. Who do u fink will be his best coach at the moment. ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USAfan View Post
    Why look far when you have one in your payroll. REXY, no nonsense with the players, disciplinary guy and not afraid to rock the boat.
    • AG 2007 - told his players he had enough , will take his coaching somewhere else where it will be appreciated
    • Dismantle the pairs and took the challenge into forming new combinations regardless the points that might affect the seedings
    • Who was the one that demanded to give the junior XD the exposure
    • Face the truth with his players and discipline them when needed
    • Respect by his peers and also the players
    • Great motivator, ask LCW
    • Voice his opinion instead of hiding behind BAM - ask the press
    • He is a champion himself, knows exactly what and how to become one
    Enough said, give the man the resources and leave him alone for 2-3 years and you will see him giving China a run.
    Agreed.. Rexy could be the greatest MD coach ever in Badminton History provided no hindrance or any stepping hand on his task by politics in BAM..

MAS main problem is lacking a high performance head coach who able to groom the juniors into success.. RAshid could found himself in the hot seat & too much to handle base on so many talented juniors players put under his charges...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm still pretty sure i mentioned more than just population.
    i cant say for sure why china hasn't win the world cup. it might be culture. Europeans enjoy football much more than Asians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I believe other than population, I also mentioned the administration part i.e. being managed by politicians and all.

Cultural thingy? European enjoyed football more than Asians?? Dude, maybe you need to recheck your facts a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW results under LiMAO

I guess I never admit Misbun is a great coach.. However, LCW results under his guidance :

1. Indonesia open '07 - Winner
    2. Philipine Open '07 - Winner
    3. China Master '07 - Semi Finalist

While LCW didn't achieve consistency in LiMao's belt.. Who do u fink will be his best coach at the moment. ?
    You only listed three. What about his numerous failures?? And lets leave out the Philipine Open, shall we?? We need to set some standards la.

Who do I think will be his best coach? Well, put it this way, we need to look at the root of the problem. First of all, we need to set the house in order, which is BAM. Too many jokers running the game. We need to ship jokers like Zakaria Deros out of the game. Remove those blood suckers and their hanger ons and put in the professionals.

If you dont, no matter who you put as head coach, it wont work. Morten Frost walked out because of this.

Thats the big picture

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, Europeans do enjoy football more than Asians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on .... ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the UK football is life.
    other EU countries not so much 'life' but still a big part of their culture.
    there are so many people in malaysia, not to mention asia that don't play football at all
    nevertheless, it is still the world game. it is played on every continent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4