Rexy cancels one-week holiday for shuttlers

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Jessica, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: There was no one-week holiday for the men’s doubles players after the World Championships. They resumed training as early as 6.30am on Monday but Koo Kien Keat and his team-mates are taking it all in their strides.
    “The coach (Rexy Mainaky) is very annoyed with our performances in the World Championships. We were looking forward to a holiday but he has cancelled it. Now we have to train three times daily instead of two,” said Kien Keat.
    “We will have two sessions in the morning (6.30-8.30am and 9.30am-12noon) followed by an afternoon workout (3.30-5.30pm). We almost collapsed after the first day’s sessions.
    “But nothing is too tough for me. I have always worked and trained hard. The other players and I will get used to the routine. The coach is pushing us hard and it is all for our own good.”
    On their failure in the World Championships, the 22-year-old Kien Keat said it had showed up their lack of experience in handling the situation at the crucial stage.
    Kien Keat and his partner, Boon Heong, were the second seeds and were eliminated by Japan’s Shuichi Sakamoto-Shintaro Ikeda in the quarter-finals.
    Instead of wallowing in self pity over the defeat, Kien Keat said that they would look at the failure to win a medal from the positive side.
    “No one is to be blamed. Winning and losing are part of the game. But what is more important is to learn from the mistakes and not repeat them,” he said. “Like everyone else, Boon Heong and I wanted to win the title. The defeat will remind us to strive harder.”
    After winning three legs of the Super Series – in Malaysia, England and Switzerland – the relatively new pair in the world arena have now shifted their sights for glory in the Super Series Masters Finals, scheduled for Dec 18-23. The venue of the Finals has not been finalised yet.
    The duo will compete in the Japan Open (Sept 11-16), which is the eighth stop of the 12-leg series. Incidentally, the Japan Open last October was their first international tournament together as a pair and they finished as runners-up.
    “We will bounce back with a good showing in Tokyo. Ultimately our target for the year is to make the cut and win honours in the Super Series Finals,” said Kien Keat, who with Boon Heong also won the Asian Games gold medal last December and the Philippines Open last month. Kien Keat-Boon Heong are now in second place in the Super Series standings behind China’s Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng. The top eight pairs qualify for the Finals.

2. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    trust me, this makes no difference too...:p

3. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

hmm... i see a matured KKK...
    amazing, just a couple of months ago, he was the one being scolded...
    great recovery from the defeat! :D

4. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Doesn't matter because now we can support Kido n Setiawan :D and JJS/LYD also ... :D :D :D and of course Tan Fook / Wan Wah ...

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Of course, why do they even bother, yes? :rolleyes:

6. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

Motivation factor

They need to know how to handle pressure from fans when are playing in Malaysia. They are the people who cheer or boo for you...!

7. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Haha yea KKK was always being fired at and now someone had become a big boy..TBH get the heat now.. they are young they still have a long way.

TG/CW was 23 or 24 when they won they first olympic gold medal..so its a long way more..

8. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    KKK & TBH they have done all their job
    but by the way they are just young boy
    very very young
    they dunno how to handle the media presure, thats for sure

LWW & CTF they almost retired
    they can play relax with not presure
    cause they are nothing to lose

KKK & TBH
    the whole malaysia hope they can win the title
    some ppl also hope KKK&TBH vs CY&FHF in final
    they buy the final ticket just for these 2 pairs

so ? wat do u think

9. thiery

thiery Regular Member

this surely works....i still think rexy shall include more sessions...the chinese train 8 hours a day (Mas only recently 7 hrs). See.....China is now producing world class players. The hours of practice do matters.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

practise is practise, but can archieve results in tournament or not.... dont after they practise so hard, then when competition begin, they ill or pressured

11. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    No it doesn't. The most important thing is what they do in that 7 hours. The right approach is more important than the amount of time spent.

12. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

Practise made perfect...

I agreed with wilfredlgf - Right approach. Please provide good suggestions for the coaches and players, i sure they welcome our ideas.

13. thiery

thiery Regular Member

of course rexy knows what the right approach are...he was a player before and undergone harsh training.

if they are doing 8 hours of right approach training, certainly it's better than 7 hrs. LYB certainly knows 8 hrs are good for his players.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the coach knows whats the best for the players....so i fink the players will be more concentrate during training with tis 3 sessions of training

15. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

What about the players?

Most important is the player, have they really change their attitude toward the game and mentally become stronger than before. Are they really motivated?

TBH & KKK failed to win the game because of pressure. They made themselves nervous the last few points.

16. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Why won't 7 hours be good enough for Rexy's boys? You don't think internal/external influence, personality and luck to have any bearings on their performance too? Players aren't carbon copies of their peers - although China has the advantage of carbon copying the kind of player they want from the pool of talent to choose from.

I still believe the implosion in the WC is more of a problem with mentality than ability. I don't know, I'm just not comfortable with equating the effect of training to the amount of hours spent because it seems to oversimplify things too much.

If you're to take it literally, imho Rexy was a better player (hence better trained) than LYB was during the player days, hence he could do well enough with one less hour.

The above doesn't sound very right, does it?

17. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Well said, wilfredlgf. I dont think training time have all that much influence in results. What is more important is the quality of the training.

18. thiery

thiery Regular Member

It sounds right. LCW and Hafiz were praised by Misbun for turning up earliest during training. They were also the last to leave. However, in the end, both didnt perform. 7 or 8 hrs dont really matter. The most important is the results.

I still think, the more you practice, the more you learn. I'm not comparing China with Malaysia but long hours of practice do show results. China has proven that 8 hrs works. Do you have any prove showing that 7 hrs perday resulted in another Lin Dan, Zhang Ning or Gao Ling?

So until 7hrs have produced a result, we have to stick to the fact that 8 hrs (or long hrs) of training is still better.

19. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    I still believe you're oversimplifying matters there. If it were that simple every nation need to just adopt 8 hours or more to produce world champions.

Why didn't the BAM thought of such a simple solution before? The answer is because it is just not as simple as that.

But of course, China is dominating because they did so, it must be the key ingredient to their success.

I have trouble following that argument.

20. valxuan

valxuan Regular Member

just hope all of the msian players will hang in there......
    hope they all will take care of themselves....haihh