User Tag List

View Poll Results: most difficult shot to master

Voters
2099. You may not vote on this poll
  • clear

    176 8.38%
  • lift

    61 2.91%
  • drop

    344 16.39%
  • smash

    412 19.63%
  • drive

    112 5.34%
  • straight net

    98 4.67%
  • crosscourt net

    896 42.69%
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 307 to 323 of 681
  1. #307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    yes, surprise me once but can't fool me twice
    Well, there will always people who fall in the same trap ~_~...

    This shot has a lot flaw on it xD...
    1. You lost your stance. You're facing the wrong way xD.
    2. You can't see where the ball going.
    3. Bad execution means futile.

    Except the part of "style" all I can see is flaw xD. Even if you're a master of it. But yes... execution in the position where your opponent expect you less will always a benefit (if you could turn this stance into a drive shot, or a clear, this is where the surprise element is, fool them once is always fun xD).

  2. #308
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me there are 2 shots that are very hard to get a decent master of :

    A long and powerful back hand clear. This is just not happening for me. I try to use over the head clear as much as possible but there are situations where it just not possible, I'd really like to master that shot.

    Also, I have been playing badminton for about 5 years and I still can't master the smash properly. I can smash put the angle and power is not good enough. I have a pretty decent clear but it seems that I can't port the same technics to my smash : Weight transfer, hip rotation and hitting the shuttle cock high finishing the move with a good wrist whip.

  3. #309
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ? ?The Moon? ?
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    Maybe TH has done it before he is the back hand expert..correct me if i am wrong i think he has the fastest backhand smash if i am not mistaken..

    Your right , and what an amazing backhand smash it is , i rerember a video which said it was 189mph! The hardest shot too master in my opinion is backhand smash

  4. #310
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crosscourt net. xD

  5. #311
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really want to make my smash more effortless for now. Same goes for my backhand..

  6. #312
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Parañaque, Philippines
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fast and long backhand clear.

  7. #313
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jumpsmash.
    If u play MD, u have to be able to do this.

  8. #314
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutawin View Post
    Jumpsmash.
    If u play MD, u have to be able to do this.
    not a requirement, but definitely an advantage.

  9. #315
    Regular Member Badmintan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AMK (Singapore)
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    not a requirement, but definitely an advantage.
    Agreed. The jumpsmash will put a lot of pressure on the opponents that they stand further back. They will be vulnerable to a straight/sliced jumpdrop, if you know how to fake the jumpsmash.

    Zakry Latif of Malaysia and Jung Jae Sung of Korea are very good in their sliced jumpdrops.

  10. #316
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Jung Jae Sung of Korea is very good in their sliced jumpdrops.
    I so agree with you. He's won several points with this.

    I'm still perfrecting my jump smash. But pretty much, I can already perform this shot. Once satisfied, I think I'll go practice jump drops.

  11. #317
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Agreed. The jumpsmash will put a lot of pressure on the opponents that they stand further back. They will be vulnerable to a straight/sliced jumpdrop, if you know how to fake the jumpsmash.

    Zakry Latif of Malaysia and Jung Jae Sung of Korea are very good in their sliced jumpdrops.
    You've never seen deceptive jumpsmashes turned dropshots until you've seen anthony clark. Check out his first two strokes in this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEz9orGZNQ

  12. #318
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    You've never seen deceptive jumpsmashes turned dropshots until you've seen anthony clark. Check out his first two strokes in this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEz9orGZNQ
    Actually it is easier to execute a deceptive reverse sliced cross-court dropshot when jumping up than to do it straight. Almost every intermediate player can do that reverse sliced cross-court drop, but you need to be much better to do a straight one well.
    In case your opponent flick serves high and deep into your backhand corner when you are (for right-handed player) on the left side of the court, this jumping reverse sliced cross-court can be quite effective.

  13. #319
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Actually it is easier to execute a deceptive reverse sliced cross-court dropshot when jumping up than to do it straight. Almost every intermediate player can do that reverse sliced cross-court drop, but you need to be much better to do a straight one well.
    In case your opponent flick serves high and deep into your backhand corner when you are (for right-handed player) on the left side of the court, this jumping reverse sliced cross-court can be quite effective.
    That's true, but I've never seen a stroke like that performed so smoothly and deceptively. There is obviously a huge gap between his stroke and say, my crosscourt reverse slice dropshop.

  14. #320
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    You've never seen deceptive jumpsmashes turned dropshots until you've seen anthony clark. Check out his first two strokes in this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEz9orGZNQ
    Yes, of course. How could I miss Anthony Clark. Like what Gil often says, he's a very good tactician. I hope Nathan and Anthony win a championship this year.

  15. #321
    Regular Member Badmintan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AMK (Singapore)
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    You've never seen deceptive jumpsmashes turned dropshots until you've seen anthony clark. Check out his first two strokes in this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEz9orGZNQ
    Yup, Clark caught Zhang Ya Wen retreating to her ready position.

    Check out how Fairuz "sold" his jumpsmash and Zakry @ 3.17 and 3.22 respectively. The China pair respected their powerful jumpsmashes and retreated back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtIDB...eature=related

  16. #322
    Regular Member Badmintan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AMK (Singapore)
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    That's true, but I've never seen a stroke like that performed so smoothly and deceptively. There is obviously a huge gap between his stroke and say, my crosscourt reverse slice dropshop.
    I am sure you're fine if you're a rightie.

    Clark is a leftie, Kwun mentioned that leftie can hit a faster reversed sliced drop based on the arrangement of the feathers in the shuttle.
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11388

    Aw btw, the Youtube video you posted was removed by Ahtat.

  17. #323
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    I am sure you're fine if you're a rightie.

    Clark is a leftie, Kwun mentioned that leftie can hit a faster reversed sliced drop based on the arrangement of the feathers in the shuttle.
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11388

    Aw btw, the Youtube video you posted was removed by Ahtat.
    The video still seems to work from my computer, so possibly an area removal...

    As for the lefties getting more spin, I can somewhat agree with that since you can see taufik and lin dan doing crosscourt reverse slice dropshots all of the time but LD's seem to curve and dip more, and Taufik's seem less heavily spun.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Difficult to smash
    By observer in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 11-24-2011, 03:26 AM
  2. Calculus...difficult??
    By LazyBuddy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 52
    : 12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Most difficult racquet to master
    By green.blood in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 57
    : 12-03-2008, 02:51 AM
  4. is it difficult???
    By sweety :D in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 9
    : 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
  5. difficult conundrum
    By pb_aznstyle in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 08-15-2005, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •