• smash

409 19.58%
  • drive

111 5.31%
  • straight net

97 4.64%
  • crosscourt net

891 42.65%
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it is smash. I have the correct arm and wrist movement but no matter how much I try, I cannot smash properly. Only the wrist flick smash which barely counts as a smash. A proper full on smash I can't do. I try judge the distance and then swing but I always swing to early and miss the shuttle. Any tips would be appreiciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousLIG View Post
    For me it is smash. I have the correct arm and wrist movement but no matter how much I try, I cannot smash properly. Only the wrist flick smash which barely counts as a smash. A proper full on smash I can't do. I try judge the distance and then swing but I always swing to early and miss the shuttle. Any tips would be appreiciated.
    i used to struggle with it too. i found that through concentrating more on timing (at what height you take the shuttle) and getting into a good position helped me a lot. if your feet and body aren't in the right position, you wont be able to generate power and you wont have control over where the shuttle goes. Forget hitting the shuttle hard, work on timing and positioning first. after that, everything will fall into place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty for the advice. Its just I struggle with angles and timing. I'm not too bothered about power atm, that will come with practice but I just struggle to hit the shuttle at the right moment and place on the racquet. I'll try what you have said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I'd say it's a toss up between the backhand cross court clear and the backhand cross court drop.

I can do straight backhand and forehand drops consistently enough to use them regularly (so long as I am in the right position etc) but doing backhand drops cross court I find tough. It's a shot I've just started to add to my game. I find it's more effective in singles than in doubles as you have very slightly more margin for error in terms of height over the net. But it's the sheer number of things to think about in a short space of time that is challenging.

However to be honest I find in badminton that it's best to play percentage shots if you know your stamina can keep up with the opponent. My biggest weakness is trying to end points too early.

The other shot I find hard to master are effective clears. I can clear easily enough but it's getting a high enough arc that lands just inside the base line. Overall my game doesn't have much margin for error so when I am on I am on but when I am off I tend to haemorrhage points because of ineffective clears. I also don't clear enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the most difficult shot is clear , cause it's the most fundamental , the others skills evolve from clear , most of the motion are the same , just at the moment when you hit the shuttle is different, if you master clear then your opponent is really hard to judge which point you want to hit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjqyb View Post
    i think the most difficult shot is clear , cause it's the most fundamental , the others skills evolve from clear , most of the motion are the same , just at the moment when you hit the shuttle is different, if you master clear then your opponent is really hard to judge which point you want to hit
    Even though I agree with the clear being the most fundamental and important shot, I think actually mastering it is easier than others. It's the most important, not the most difficult. Smash&drop are a lot harder to master (especially a disguised drop is difficult, but incredibly useful if used occasionally).
    My personal nemesis is still the backhand clear, especially the crosscourt one. I can get a good length in my straight BH, but the cross shot is not only longer, but has a difficult angle. Second hardest shot is the BH crosscourt drop, which is still a whole lot easier for me if taken above net height.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.. backhand crosscourt clear is hard indeed, but I think that hitting that behind the back (when under pressure) like what taufik does is insane.

I mean this shot..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the netplay is a nogo for me most of the times. Drops are to high or to short, cross court only works when a rainbow unicorn passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backhand clear is still hard for me.

Smash is also damn hard. I can smash, but I can't smash well. Very weak >_<. Luckily I can smash with good angles. I'm still struggling with smashing it harder while maintaining my angle. Normally if I smash harder, my angle is not as steep, thus easier for them to pick up,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, just consistently hitting most shots is difficult for me. I would put my vote for clear or smash. It is true backhand clears/drops are probably more tricky but with doubles you should be getting around to play the forehand in most cases anyway. I really envy those with nice technique!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me I have trouble with around the head slices and forehand crosscourt net shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a toss up between a backhand and a clear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow A powerful Backhand Smash could be the most difficult shot to master

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_36 View Post
    It is a toss up between a backhand and a clear.
    IMHO, the powerful Backhand Smash (as performed by Taufik Hidayat) could be the most difficult shot to master.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crosscourt (slice) drop is definitely the hardest :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me backhand is somewhat easier than forehand for clears or drops because we still can do it even the shuttle is a bit behind us, due to swing of the backhand stroke. However, the thing I don't like is after executing any backhand i cannot see n anticipate early my opponent's return because I am facing the back of the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to have to agree with jhirata here. backhands when under pressure are quite difficult to pull off, and my clears only go halfway into their court

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backhand cross-court drop created by slicing. Takes you by surprise cos when you look at the person executing the shot, you cannot tell what he's going to do until he slices the shot. (Actually, if the person has an excellent backhand, he can have his back turned to you and you will have to either wait for him to hit the shot, or guess where he's going to hit and move there.) Slicing is at the same speed as a normal backhand drive but bleeds the speed off the shuttle very quickly. It's very difficult to master due to the exact timing needed for contact.