• smash

414 19.68%
  • drive

112 5.32%
  • straight net

98 4.66%
  • crosscourt net

898 42.68%
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    What is the difference between a difficult shot to master than a shot that is difficult to do well consistently?
    Not sure if you're asking a rhetorical question or you genuinely have no idea what I'm saying?

A difficult shot to master is one that you will spend a lot of time and effort trying to get right but still tend to struggle with.

A shot difficult to do well consistently is one that you may be able to pick up easily, but can't perform all the time.

For example, a novice may find the backhand a difficult shot to master even though he/she has been practising it for a long time. On the other hand, a singles player may find that a high serve easy to do, but can never get it close enough to the baseline without it going out.

If you are able to execute a quality serve, more often than not the shuttle would end up at the net or would went out/wide if your opponent (the receiver) still try to force a push/attacking shots simply because there is very limited (or none at all) angles and space for the receiver to work on and therefore you and your partner holds the advantage in the next few shots which eventually would win you the rally.
    Well, I think you've pretty much stated the obvious there.

It does not only required skills when comes to the double low serve but mental toughness and intelligence comes into play as well.
    Again, that's a given.

Anyhow, this is my personal opinion...
    I responded because it didn't seem like it's your personal opinion since you said...

"The doubles low serve is the most difficult shot to master"

... which seemed like you're stating a fact.

...and it boils down on the individual at the end of the day as to which shots is the most difficult to master.
    Well... Bingo!!!! That's the point of this thread! To find out what people think are the most difficult shots to master!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Not sure if you're asking a rhetorical question or you genuinely have no idea what I'm saying?

Or could it be you who were not exactly sure what you were talking about?

A difficult shot to master is one that you will spend a lot of time and effort trying to get right but still tend to struggle with.

A shot difficult to do well consistently is one that you may be able to pick up easily, but can't perform all the time.

So what do you call this compared to the above paragraph?

For example, a novice may find the backhand a difficult shot to master even though he/she has been practising it for a long time. On the other hand, a singles player may find that a high serve easy to do, but can never get it close enough to the baseline without it going out.

They are all the same. Only if you really understand the definition of master.

Well, I think you've pretty much stated the obvious there.

Because I was afraid you couldn't get me well enough.

Again, that's a given.

Obviously!!

I responded because it didn't seem like it's your personal opinion since you said...

"The doubles low serve is the most difficult shot to master"

... which seemed like you're stating a fact.

Obviously when I make a statement or a post it's all based on my opinion. To me that is a fact. It goes to everybody else. Is it that hard for you? Or were you trying to show that you know more than all of us and all postings must sound in a way that pleased you?

Well... Bingo!!!! That's the point of this thread! To find out what people think are the most difficult shots to master!
    At least you got something right here. I stated mine.
    Last edited by flite; 07-06-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all subjective. We all have different strengths and weaknesses but for me, the most difficult shot to master has been the tight dropshot, especially the in-to-out sliced cross court dropshot with a bit of deception.
    This was you.

I don't think the low serve in doubles is a difficult shot to master, it's just a difficult shot to do consistently well.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about your opponent pouncing, it's going to happen however well you play the serve. In most cases, it's down to your partner to return it back. As long as you don't make it too easy for the receiver, it should be fine.
    Again this was you. It was in your own opinion. Two posts contradicts one another. It obviously showed you did not practice what you preached! Its all subjective huh?
    Last edited by flite; 07-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it's all very amusing. But sadly you're wasting our time and spoiling the thread with your obstinacy.

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree with you!

Keep practising that low serve!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difficult or Almost Impossible?

For me, the most difficult shot to master are the double motion 'drives' that are used successfully by LD during his match against LCW at the 2010 Asian Games.

I know most would say they were the smashes that nailed LCW, but if you looked closely, 90% of the time, the opportunity was first created by the double motion drives. Double motion drives for the backhand is slightly easier to perform that the forehand. Forehand is difficult to master due to the fact that much agility and guile is needed to disguise the and deceive your opponents using a straight forward underarm motion. LCW has his backhand underarm double motion, but no forehand. Besides these 2, I rarely see other players possessing or utilizing such techniques. Even Zhao JH does not execute this type of shots.

However, my all time most difficult would be the link provided below. I know, it's a very unorthodox shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1YN...feature=g-vrec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see another egoist here speaking on behalf of others. Normally this would be the case when someone couldn't prevail in his argument and was caught with his pants down.

You too keep practicing those drop shots and slices. Use more wrist works and make sure be flexible on the grip. Not to forget your swing speed and racket face angles too when playing the slices.

Also remember to walk-the-talk R20190.
    Last edited by flite; 07-07-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    For me, the most difficult shot to master are the double motion 'drives' that are used successfully by LD during his match against LCW at the 2010 Asian Games.

I know most would say they were the smashes that nailed LCW, but if you looked closely, 90% of the time, the opportunity was first created by the double motion drives. Double motion drives for the backhand is slightly easier to perform that the forehand. Forehand is difficult to master due to the fact that much agility and guile is needed to disguise the and deceive your opponents using a straight forward underarm motion. LCW has his backhand underarm double motion, but no forehand. Besides these 2, I rarely see other players possessing or utilizing such techniques. Even Zhao JH does not execute this type of shots.

However, my all time most difficult would be the link provided below. I know, it's a very unorthodox shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1YN...feature=g-vrec
    what double action drives do you mean? can you give a link?

edit: this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_EHhlrQ7s
    Last edited by amleto; 07-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This around the body defensive shots is difficult too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXGMwO9zLQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    what double action drives do you mean? can you give a link?

edit: this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_EHhlrQ7s
    Yes, that is one of the shots. But LD's are more refined and has definitely more variations. Look up the 2010 Asian Games Final between LD and LCW and you will understand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This around the body defensive shots is difficult too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXGMwO9zLQ
    Yes, they are more used in doubles, although these shots, are shots that should not be actively used, unless forced to.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that is one of the shots. But LD's are more refined and has definitely more variations. Look up the 2010 Asian Games Final between LD and LCW and you will understand.
    Oh, I was just confused cos you mentioned you rarely see others use it when PG is far more famous for using that shot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they are more used in doubles, although these shots, are shots that should not be actively used, unless forced to.
    These kind of shots comes naturally to certain players. I have a few friends who successfully executed it based on natural instincts when were forced to do so and did not practice it prior. This is more on an individual ability to react I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most difficult shots are obviously trick shots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These kind of shots comes naturally to certain players. I have a few friends who successfully executed it based on natural instincts when were forced to do so and did not practice it prior. This is more on an individual ability to react I guess.
    I think I rarely have the chance to practice this kind shot, much less use it during a game of doubles. In singles, the likelihood would be ZERO for me.

I don't know how to execute it. Do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I rarely have the chance to practice this kind shot, much less use it during a game of doubles. In singles, the likelihood would be ZERO for me.

I don't know how to execute it. Do you?
    Nope. Zero success rate after so many years!
    Last edited by flite; 07-10-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is straight smash (forehand) from deep left baseline down to the single's or doubles side boundary line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Backhand clear for me.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast