User Tag List

View Poll Results: most difficult shot to master

Voters
2089. You may not vote on this poll
  • clear

    176 8.43%
  • lift

    61 2.92%
  • drop

    344 16.47%
  • smash

    409 19.58%
  • drive

    111 5.31%
  • straight net

    97 4.64%
  • crosscourt net

    891 42.65%
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 678
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow.
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very good point.
    I've seen so many matches where players are struggeling, and gettiing the shuttle back in an incredibe way, but very often they seem to mess up at the next easy shot. I've many times seen lin dan throw himself at full stretch to recover a smash, getting up so quickly and really making it the next shot very early, and then messing up.

  2. #138
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
    Very good point.
    I've seen so many matches where players are struggeling, and gettiing the shuttle back in an incredibe way, but very often they seem to mess up at the next easy shot. I've many times seen lin dan throw himself at full stretch to recover a smash, getting up so quickly and really making it the next shot very early, and then messing up.
    Yeah, but wasnt that after a long rally ?
    It's really amazing how he can dive from one side to another and then quickly recover to perform a jump smash.
    Last edited by jhirata; 11-21-2007 at 11:41 AM.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow.
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Yeah, but wasnt that after a long rally ?
    It's really amazing how he can dive from one side to another and then quickly recover to perform a jump smash.
    Of course it's amazing. But that's not the point. He get's back an incredibly hard one, and then messes up on a simple shot. I was just trying to illustrate oldhand's point.

  4. #140
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    behind the back tap is hard, I like to do this once a set to fool the opponent. Shoulder does get sore.

  5. #141
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smileysoon View Post
    behind the back tap is hard, I like to do this once a set to fool the opponent. Shoulder does get sore.
    Care to explain what this is?

  6. #142
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Clears and smashes for me! xD

  7. #143
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the hardest shot would be to do a backhand clear cross court when you are late because you've just dive to reach a very pointing smash on the forehand side...

    No really I think any shot involving slicing is hard to master...

  8. #144
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophat View Post
    I think the hardest shot would be to do a backhand clear cross court when you are late
    Why would you want to attempt a backhand cross-court clear when you're 'late'?
    That would be a very poor choice of safety shot.

  9. #145
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surabaya - Indonesia
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For Me, Backhand Smash Specially So Hard To Train
    ALA TAUFIK HIDAYAT

  10. #146
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    For Me, Backhand Smash Specially So Hard To Train
    ALA TAUFIK HIDAYAT
    It's strange that only Taufik's backhand smash is so lauded.

    I believe Chen Hong has an equally, if not more, powerful backhand smash.
    From the recently retired lot, I'd also vote for Pullela Gopichand.
    It was no different with quite a few of the old masters.

    It seems, in the age of saturated sports coverage, Taufik has got noticed a lot more.

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that Chen Hong's backhand is underrated, but Taufik's I'm pretty sure is more powerful.

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The most difficult backhand stroke is the straight smash down the tramline. In contrast the backhand cross smash is much easier. The easiest backhand stroke is the high clear. So far Taufik is better than anyone, especially in the straight smash. I notice that LCW is using this stroke of late but still not quite up to Taufik's class.

  13. #149
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll let you know when I master one of them!

  14. #150
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    I think that Chen Hong's backhand is underrated, but Taufik's I'm pretty sure is more powerful.
    I don't agree

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    The most difficult backhand stroke is the straight smash down the tramline. In contrast the backhand cross smash is much easier. The easiest backhand stroke is the high clear. So far Taufik is better than anyone, especially in the straight smash. I notice that LCW is using this stroke of late but still not quite up to Taufik's class.
    I quite agree

  15. #151
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S.Korea
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Clear is the most difficult shot to master for me~~ I'm improving but still not satisfied~!
    In fact, my favorite shot is crosscourt net~~
    I play mixed doubles often so I had lots of chances to practice net playing skills~

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The next most difficult backhand stroke from deep in the corner is a straight drop. In contrast the backhand cross drop is much easier, just like the cross court smash.

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I don't agree
    That's okay with me

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Difficult to smash
    By observer in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 12
    : 11-24-2011, 03:26 AM
  2. Calculus...difficult??
    By LazyBuddy in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 52
    : 12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Most difficult racquet to master
    By green.blood in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 57
    : 12-03-2008, 02:51 AM
  4. is it difficult???
    By sweety :D in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 9
    : 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
  5. difficult conundrum
    By pb_aznstyle in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 7
    : 08-15-2005, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •