User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What happened with the new racket?

I started playing after 7 years break and played with a friend's racket. They were cheap $24 for two from Amazon. From first day I felt good and my smashes were still good. Even my friends noticed and said that I still got it. I played 3 weeks with the cheap racket and all was good so I thought to play more regularly and bought Yonex Arcsaber 002 on a friend's recommendation. The day I went with the Arcsaber 002 my smashes died. I felt no power and the smashes are traveling more flat and not at an angel the way they were with the other racket.
    Is Arcsaber a bad choice? Should I stick with the racket and learn to play or move to more stiff and head heavy ie. Voltric

I am 6'3" and 190 lbs. Aggressive player. I can run around the court well but love to play smashes as my height allows to do that well. Playing doubles mostly.
    Any help?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urusd View Post
    I started playing after 7 years break and played with a friend's racket. They were cheap $24 for two from Amazon. From first day I felt good and my smashes were still good. Even my friends noticed and said that I still got it. I played 3 weeks with the cheap racket and all was good so I thought to play more regularly and bought Yonex Arcsaber 002 on a friend's recommendation. The day I went with the Arcsaber 002 my smashes died. I felt no power and the smashes are traveling more flat and not at an angel the way they were with the other racket.
    Is Arcsaber a bad choice? Should I stick with the racket and learn to play or move to more stiff and head heavy ie. Voltric

I am 6'3" and 190 lbs. Aggressive player. I can run around the court well but love to play smashes as my height allows to do that well. Playing doubles mostly.
    Any help?
    What were the speculations on the other racquet you have bought? Also string and tension could be factors to this too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    What were the speculations on the other racquet you have bought? Also string and tension could be factors to this too.

They were just bought right from Amazon..
    These:
    http://www.amazon.com/Yonex-COMBO-SE...dp/B004T4L1S8/

They were stiff and just whatever the string/tension comes with it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were just bought right from Amazon..
    These:
    http://www.amazon.com/Yonex-COMBO-SE...dp/B004T4L1S8/

They were stiff and just whatever the string/tension comes with it.
    Well I do believe the Arcsaber 002 is flexible I'm pretty sure and having those sets are generally pretty stiff so the generating power is different with the stiffness. Maybe your swing is quite fast and is adjusted to stiff racquets rather then a flexible racquet which suit those individuals whom swing slower. Try different racquets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Exert. I am going to play with the friend's racket again. I hope I find my smashes back.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Exert. I am going to play with the friend's racket again. I hope I find my smashes back.
    No problem! Have fun smashing!