• smash

408 19.57%
  • drive

111 5.32%
  • straight net

97 4.65%
  • crosscourt net

889 42.64%
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    Maybe it's just because I prefer the straight net (less errors), especially the "indefensible" net drop, as I call it (whereby shuttle hits top part of the net and drop straight down on opponent's part of court, making a save or clear nearly "impossible").
    I'd say the return shot of this is DE most difficult shot (nigh impossible like you said). Can't do clear unless catching it real early and not getting thrown off by tape hitting; can't do cross court net because it gives opponent too much time to response with net kill; and the only possible reply is another tight hitting-tape-then-drop straight net shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post
    Doubles teams on international level have an average failure rate of 4% when serving (short). In hundred times only four fail, or statistically less than one in ten. I always feel confident about my service, if I practice it and approach the error rate of three in ten, which is still bad enough!
    Depending on the phrase of the moon, my number of short serve errors may be anything from 0 to 5+ in one game. Of course, on extremely bad days, it may be 0 as well, because I never get to serve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    The the all time winner is still the 'double motion' shot. A double motion shot can include just about any type of shot, including both overhead and underarm strokes, both backhand and forehand. They may look easy and delightful to watch ie Zhao JianHua, but in fact there are just so many types and ways to it that only the masters know and keep in the vault. Peter Gade, Xia Xuanze, Poul Hoyer Larsen are players who possesses such skills. Morten, Taufik, Sun Jun, Kok Keong are straight forward no monkeying around players. Misbun and Rashid are slice, chop, drop and lob players.
    How about quadruple motion? Say you hold the racket up flat to pretend a net shot to draw opponent to the net, then suddenly drop the racket (double motion) to prepare a lift; if the opponent doesn't come to the net, then you keep the lowered racket down (triple motion) to continue with a straight net; if the opponent's coming-to-net reaction is slow or your detection of such reaction is slow, that is, he comes to the net after you hold down the racket and just before you lightly bounce a net, you lower the racket even more to do the final lift (quadruple motion). Ok maybe impractical but at least it'd be fun to think about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaki! View Post
    How about quadruple motion? Say you hold the racket up flat to pretend a net shot to draw opponent to the net, then suddenly drop the racket (double motion) to prepare a lift; if the opponent doesn't come to the net, then you keep the lowered racket down (triple motion) to continue with a straight net; if the opponent's coming-to-net reaction is slow or your detection of such reaction is slow, that is, he comes to the net after you hold down the racket and just before you lightly bounce a net, you lower the racket even more to do the final lift (quadruple motion). Ok maybe impractical but at least it'd be fun to think about
    Forget confusing your opponent with that, I'd confuse myself with that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me my most difficult type to master is the crosscourt net and im tyring my best to possibly beat myself to do the drop shot....
    happy smashing everyone!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first you mentioned in this case, has already been performed! It is done by no other than Lin Dan. As for the 2nd case, I have no idea what you are talking about . Care to put up a vid?

Quote Originally Posted by kaki! View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

becoming like shaolin kungfu panda eh..? lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried with my cousin,
    1st sharp low net drop, follow by smash. works only twice... then no more half court clear from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wheres the serve?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Net tight shot difficult to master, i think even advance players also can't every net shot is tight .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I can't seem to get the hang of the reverse FH slice or the reverse BH slice (drops of course). I can do them at times, but most of the time there just isn't enough "slice" on it so the shot doesn't have the speed or trajectory needed for it to be a "dangerous" shot for the opponent.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the reverse BH slice is not really a shot you need - while it's nice if you're able to do one, if you have the time and position to play one you could usually play a forehand as well. Similar to the BH smash in that regard.
    I agree that a good reverse slice dropshot is not an easy shot to master, though! I like to play with deception overhead as I'm not the most powerful hitter, and that shot is most definitely harder (both technically and to play in a deceptive manner) than the 'normal' slice (which I find easy to disguise as a straight smash).
    For me, the current nemesis is the overhead backhand in general as I don't use my reach when I play one, letting the shuttle drop too far and playing it with my arm angled. Smash is on the list as well for similar reasons (that, and I don't like not being able to finish the rally instantly when I get a lift ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In singles I would argue a consistent clear baseline to baseline whereas in doubles I would be more inclined to argue the smash...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything that has "Backhand" in it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Struggling with back hand cross court drop ):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find backhand cross court drop easier than straight drop.
    Can't do backhand clear at all though..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nooooooooooo View Post
    I actually find backhand cross court drop easier than straight drop.
    Can't do backhand clear at all though..
    That's so strange... :0

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast