User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they told me that towel grip is smelly after a few weeks....and its slippery when the towel grip soaked...is that true?

i plan to buy karakal powder....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, just wondering if anyone every tried using hand lotion to solve the tackiness of the grip?

i use prince microtac (white) overgrips and they last me about 1month with the tackiness i like. usually i will put water based hand lotion in minimal amount that my hands will feel the slippery felling when rubbing both hands.
    i usually put them 1hour or less before session.

i felt this give me extra grip and less sweat on my palms..
    i would consider myself using 1-3 in panda's rankings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dink how is the yonex spray compared to the powder? It really caught my attention! Is it the same in terms of feel when you are using it? I only saw it once on TV when Taufik was using it way back. We only have here is the Meuller powder grip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey DinkAlot, I'm not a bigger sweater at all in fact I usually never sweat at the hand just the head but anyways I'm looking for a really, really, really soft grip for my badminton racket. A towel grip to me looked like the softest I could get but are there any other really soft ones out there. I'm looking for one because the stock grip I was using just sucked compared to some of my friends rackets I tried out. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 12egan View Post
    Hey DinkAlot, I'm not a bigger sweater at all in fact I usually never sweat at the hand just the head but anyways I'm looking for a really, really, really soft grip for my badminton racket. Any suggestions?
    Check my overgrip review, which I was be updating in a few days. Any grip with excellent cushioning is going to be easier on the hands. Personally, the Chao Pai JC-1005 is the softest/easiest on the hands overgrip I've used. It has average to good tack but excellent cushion and is very soft on the hands. It's what I've been using for the past 6 months and has cut down on my hand blisters tremendously.

Only one problem, the 1005 has been discontinued and I have the last 50 pieces. If you are interested, please PM me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow..sweaty hands surely has to spend some money to play comfortly.Luckily i'm not..=P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So whats the best pu grip available for people with really sweaty hands, who don't want to use the grip powder or anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
    So whats the best pu grip available for people with really sweaty hands, who don't want to use the grip powder or anything else.
    I would say the Karakal Super PU but it's more of a replacement grip, very thick and expensive and hard to get.

If you have really sweaty hands/arms, even the best grip alone will not help after the sweat soaks in. You need a combination of one or more to even all five items I have listed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the karakal super pu's don't do it for me.

I currently use monsoon towel grip but have been experimenting with yonex grap & Ashaway grip powder.

I find the racket more powerful and responsive using the pu, as long as the grip is dry.

The towel grip is more consistent overall though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What colour of Karakal Super PU did you try? I've tried the black and the grey and noticed that the black is tackier and more absorbant than the grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuioku View Post
    What colour of Karakal Super PU did you try? I've tried the black and the grey and noticed that the black is tackier and more absorbant than the grey.
    tried black, grey, red, yellow plus duo's. I bought a box of them because the factory grip I got on my karakal sl-70 was good. But the box I bought were rubbish, I was changing the grip everytime I played.

Tried out the yonex grap with ashaway grip powder yesterday. It was rubbish, it should be called "slip powder". I'm back with the towel grip now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys. sweatbands eh? why did i never thought of that???!!... n i always thought that robertson was wearing it for style only... how wrong can i be...

i would like to ask feedback from sweatbands users. wrist sweatbands vs forearm sweatbands.

any1??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the sweat on your hands actually comes from your wrist and above (your arm). And it drips down, to your hand. Once I added a sweatband, I reduced about 50% of my sweatiness. You should try it, can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    hi guys. sweatbands eh? why did i never thought of that???!!... n i always thought that robertson was wearing it for style only... how wrong can i be...

i would like to ask feedback from sweatbands users. wrist sweatbands vs forearm sweatbands.

any1??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is really useful. I had a wristband on my racquet hand instead of the left & clearly my palms were much dryer & forearm was wet.

i thought Karakal was slippery but i was wrong. PU Super is still the best i've tried so far. I'm sticking to the cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyGan View Post
    this is really useful. I had a wristband on my racquet hand instead of the left & clearly my palms were much dryer & forearm was wet.

i thought Karakal was slippery but i was wrong. PU Super is still the best i've tried so far. I'm sticking to the cat.
    yes, the wristband will helps blocking the sweat from arm to palm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 100% related to the topic but similar is for those who wear specs and tend to sweat from the head. You will notice that your vision is blur because of the sweat which can cause fogging of the lens.

What you can do is to wear a headband and this is the best out there in the market http://www.haloheadband.com

For normal headband, once it is saturated with sweat, it won't be able to absorb more sweat and the sweat starts dripping and it stinks your eyes. This headband has a rubber strip that directs the sweat away from your eyes, it really does work !

For those in Singapore, this is available from Running Lab and cost around S$23 (forgot actual price).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sgcycling.org/index.php?showtopic=2297
    i've used this before & it's channels sweat away very well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast