Badminton Shoes - Australia

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Timbuctoo, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Hello, I'm from Darwin Australia a Badminton products desert. We have nothing up here and rely on the internet. I'm after a new pair of Badminton shoes and would like to order them from an Australian Shop or online store but generally the better Yonex shoes such as SHB-99Ltd aren't sold in our country according to Yonex Australia. I'd really like a decent pair of size 11 or 11 1/2 UK size shoes but I keep hitting a brick wall. Does anyone know where in Australia there is a hidden supply of Badminton footware, if not I may have to play in barefeet or make my own shoes, lol.

Tim H

PS> Doesn't need to be Yonex just something decent!!

2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Hey tim,

It would be quite hard to get it but i can try to get a pair for you.

i will holla back at you.. need to source out

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    i know a few places where you can buy yonex SHB99 and SHB100 in Australia and Hong Kong that are cheap and through the internet. IMHO Yonex are the not designed for people with wide feet. Currently i am using a pair of adidas shoes which are half the price and have around the same comfort and are good for wide feet. Just PM if you want to know more.

4. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Thanks guys, I don't think I have tremendously wide feet just average really and 11 or 11 1/2 is about normal to considering I'm 193cms tall. I saw some Adidas Stabil 7 Court shoes online but I couldn't source them here in Australia, they were a bit cheaper than Yonex. Mizuno looks to have a good line of Badminton shoes to Wave Smash S2 Fit are the ones I like there. Forza also has some interesting shoes that look like Yonex ones but are much cheaper. By the way, I think I am an Aussie size 11 which is the same as the UK sizing. 11 1/2 for walking shoes but Badminton shoes should be more snug. I get a bit worried spending money on overseas stuff only to findout it doesn't fit. Hope to get some more info from you soon.

Tim H

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    if it's yonex, get size 11 1/2 or 12. the design of yonex shoes is a bit tight, so half a size bigger is better