User Tag List

Thread: pls help.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up pls help.....

i got a try out this comin saturday of our school...can you help me or teach me some combinations for singles coz im not a single player and dont have the enough knowledge for that coz im a doubles player......huhu......

pls help in this one........your reply is highly appreciated.....
    thnx and kip rockin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are no fixed 'combinations' in singles. Practice your footwork from the middle to and fro the 4 corners. practice hitting shots to all 4 opponent corners from all your 4 corners, and use the area of the court well. but it's probably too late for you to have some kind of sudden superb improvement in your skills before Sat, so remember the following points

1st and foremost, don't get stage-fright and screw all your shots. Keep your nerves and perform your strokes as you usually do.

2ndly, tell them that you're a doubles player

3rd, try to have some warmup by yourself or with a friend first

4th, be humble even if you think you can thrash all of them

As long as you are genuinely interested, even if you don't manage to enter, ask politely if they would allow you to train together with them. You do not have to be part of the tournament squad at first but you might be in future.

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try and get in some practice sessions between now and then. I agree with DivingBirdie, aim for the four corners and stay on your tip toes. What i would do is to attack all the time. Depends on the players.

Weaker players, you might get away with clearing and waiting for your chance to attack but if the player is pretty good, just attack unless you are really stuck, then clear, just make sure its a good clear!

I normally play my friend who is ok and i can beat him doing a mixture of attack and defence but i played my other friend who is really good, used to be a coach. He whipped me. Every clear i did, came back with interest. The only shots that seemed to work was attacking.

Good luck, hope you do well and keep us informed if you get it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ei..... the team pick me up....thnx for the words it rily help me up...thnx....thnx...thnx....thnx.......