Forza Tournament Shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by azn_123, Aug 27, 2007.

1. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I was wondering if any BCer's tried the Forza Tournament Shuttles and could give me a review/opinion on them. I myself bought a tube of Forza Tournament Shuttles and I find them quite good for the price of about $19. Another question is would it be worth it to try the AS40's for about $7-8 more? Thanks.

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    wow..you sure have a lot of disposable income... i don't think it's worth the money at all. The most i'll ever pay for a tube of birds (bulk purchase or not) is $20 Canadian per tube...

For that price you can get at minimum: Sea Lion Black label, Aeroplane Black, RSL Tourney #1, Victor Blue, Sosan Black, Pro Tech Masterpiece, Hiqua Blue/Red, Chester Birds. All are of great quality and consistency and make good warmup birds afterwards..

Yonex birds are definately out of my price range here in North America.

3. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Nahh..I don't have a lot of $. I just buy some feathers for real games and we usually rotate which shuttles we use. Like for the first game person A supplies, second game person B supplies etc. This saves a bit of money:) I usually play plastics just to save a bit of money. Thanks for the recommendation of shuttles, I'll probably try them out.

4. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

At our club there is someone using Forza Tournament, but the quality isn't that good. IMO the Forza 80 are even better, more durable (if you got the good batch). The Forza 80 has two different batches. One with thinner feathers (bad ones) and one with thicker feathers (the good ones). Yonex AS-40, RSL Tourney #1, Hi-Qua Red are absolutely better. $19 for a tube Forza is to expensive. In The Netherlands the Forza 80's are about €10.

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Tournament ones are the higher grades actually. Assuming this is the higher grade I thought it would perform better than the Forza 80's your mentioned.Hmm...