mini-Preview: Victor Superwave 31, Victor Artery Tec TI-99

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bluesaint, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bluesaint

bluesaint Regular Member

So I'm currently in TWN, and while here, I picked up both of these hoping to find out just how they are compared to my NS9000 X and a few other racs that i have. Also, both of these are the 675mm length versions with W3_G2 specs.

But just a few quick technical summary of the physical attribute without actually playing with the racs. i will give a play review of the racquets once I return to the states next week, until then, these info are what I was able to dig up.

Artery Tec Ti-99:-Although both of these victor are rated at the same stiffness, the Ti-99 is still a step above the superwave 31 and i compared it side by side with NS8k and NS9k X, from flexing the shaft, the stiffness level is on par that of the NS9kX and NS8K where it's considered to be extra stiff.

-Carbon-Wood handle: claims increase in torsional strength, longevity, and with increased torsional strength, aids the overall stability and response of the racquet.

NanoTec: Should be self-explanatory as it's same as other Nano carbon technology racquets.

E.Titanium: Uses of Ti alloy from 10'oclock position to 2'oclock position and claims it helps improve the racquets inertia and overall swing weight. However, from my compairson with the NS8k, NS9k etc.. it did not feel head heavy dispite the E.Titanium at the top of the head, so my guess is this E.Titanium usage is more in line of the Ti Mesh technology used in the Yonex Ti-10 type because you can see the Mesh on top of the frame (10 to 2'o clock)

Artery Tec Frame:Offers 8mm increase in Sweet spot. The frame head shape is very different from typical Yonex SquareHead design from what I can see and compare. It resembles a typical oval head, but with a slight flat section on the top of the head instead of a curve as you would see in a 100% oval racquet. So it seems the head design is more of a hybrid between a oval racquest and that of SquareHead. Comparing with Yonex and Victor superwave, the frame is slightly narrower from the side and lightly taller vertically.

On the left is the frame construction of the artery tec, while the picture on the right is that of the new Diamon construction in SuperWave series.

[​IMG]

Shockless Grommets: According to Victor, these are special soft grommets to damp vibration located on the main cross strings. So naturally, these grommets are found int he 3'oclock and 9'oclock positions.

Super Ti: According to Victor, this technology is for the shaft and provides extra power when the shaft is unflexed. This is pretty much the same as Ultimum Ti found on Yonex.

Victor SuperWave 31:

CarbonWood Handle: see above
    E.Titanium: see above
    Diamond Section:This is a combination of traditional box frame with triangular shaped frame to form a new diamond section frame. This design allows for maximum stability, power and control according to victor.
    See picture above on how it compares to artery tec design.
    Serial Track System: Located around the T-joint area spanning 2 inches or so in both directions: according to Victor this gives additional T-joint support and additional torsional stability.
    SuperWave design:Unfortunately i was not able to find any piece of information on this new design compared to the PowerWave design. But it still features a wave design (slightly different looking from powerwave) on the inside of the frame all the way from 8'oclock to 4'oclock.

2. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    After you have play with your racket, mind writing a review? thx

3. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    The Power Wave design is on the outside of the frame head, and are not really concave waves but more like the carbon is shaped in a wavey pattern around the strings, but not actually curving the string..

This differs from the Super Waves, which are inside the frame, and are concave, actually curving the string.

4. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    Superwaves and power waves are different in the way that Superwaves have wave patterns running on the inside of the frame, and you can see it when held face on. Power waves on the other hand, has wave patterns on the outside and you can only see it when the racket is held sideways. I do know for sure PW have a dampening effect, as for SW, will have to wait till i have enough moola to buy one.

5. Lefty23

Lefty23 Regular Member

Professional
    Any more reviews for Super Waves 31? :)

6. SpendorK

SpendorK Regular Member

:)

Strung with NBG 98 at 29lbs.

Cheap & good for hard smasher. :D