User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default How to clean shoes?

OK, I know this is gonna sound wierd.....

how do people clean their shoes?

I have seen people stick their shoes in a washing machine (in a laundrette). Is this common? (BTW, I'm honestly not the sort of person who goes around sticking his nose in other people's washing. Please believe me! )

SHOESSSSSSSS

Default Re: How to clean shoes?

OMG I was thinking of the same question a few days ago.. lol but that was because I kinda dirtied my nike shox! but not badminton related:P Since i dont play badminton with those hehe.

Bystander

You can put your shoes in the washing machine and it does work. But please do not swith on the heat dryer function especially for the Nike shoes. I did it before and the air pad blow up like a balloon and could not recover after cooling down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually if you are using a washing machine, do not use the spin dry option since the position of the shoe in the tub will most likely cause awkward spin and could damage the washer motor (if you are using a coin-operated, i guess you might not concern yourself with that). also spin dry of the shoe is relatively useless if the sole is facing outward, the water will still be trapped inside the shoe. if you have a removable liner - do so, also take the laces off as well. some people recommend placing the shoe in a mesh bag - in prevents the tongue from being pulled during the wash process and tearing.

some dryers have a removable rack that is mounted on the dryer door for drying shoes or other hard items so that there is no tumbling causing damage either to the dryer or to the shoe. (again, if it's coin-op do you really care) they only recommend low or no heat, not because of rubber melting, but heat ages the rubber sole hardening it so it becomes useless on court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to use the washing machine to wash my badminton shoes when I was in high school and it spoilt my shoes, furthermore it didn't clean my shoes as much as I used hand wash.
    So, I tried not to be so lazy anymore and wash my shoes "manually" with the soap and brush and "my hands".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's freaky. I did mine today for the first time in 4 months!. I use Cif which is a bathroom cleaning product. It seems to work really well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, people really do put badminton shoes in the washing machine. It seems much more common than I thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually no - i've never washed my badminton shoes. i've had to wash joggers, cross trainers and hikers usually because i stomped into something yucky, which is why i know how to wash shoes... but never done badminton shoes....yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine still look pretty white! Maybe a bit of a stench!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm.... maybe not need to wash, just buy some of those sneaker deodorizer balls...heheheheh ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to admit i do that too on the 2 pairs of nike i got.
    The selection (3 models) of yonex shoes in canada are poor. I don't like any of them.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i tried putting it in a washing machine. it does look a bit cleaner. but it doesn't get rid of the..... erm.... smell.

i wonder if anyone else has tips on how to really clean a pair of badminton shoes well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i once tried to wash my Nike runners in the washer...
    it was horridenous, it was one of those Air shoes with practically 90% of the sole was bubble.. the foam sole was worn out, it was soggy and wet, there was water inside the Air pockets and the sole and foam started to come apart.. in the end, the shoes were in shabbles and the foam rotted off... maybe it's just with nike though =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Re: How to clean shoes?

Originally posted by Nic
    I tried to use the washing machine to wash my badminton shoes when I was in high school and it spoilt my shoes, furthermore it didn't clean my shoes as much as I used hand wash.
    So, I tried not to be so lazy anymore and wash my shoes "manually" with the soap and brush and "my hands".

I got exactly the same situation with Nic so since then I do by hand with soap and hard brush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i've always done is put the pair in the washing machine at opposite ends, and without clothes. It might be a good idea to skip to spin. Then I put the badminton shoes in front of my 24 inch box fan

this was during the summer so the fan was on anyway. It was perfectly dry after half a day, and felt perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    i wonder if anyone else has tips on how to really clean a pair of badminton shoes well.
    tips - only wear your badminton shoes indoor and on court.

about the smell, I do use the deodorizer balls to get rid of it, but somehow i think the smell from the balls is too strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i wash my shoes in the washing machine. i put towels too, that's what my mom says to do and when i take them out. POOF...it's all clean, then i just let it dry for 3 days =/, that's the bad part.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast