AT900T or NS9000S

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daisuke, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

i have decided to either get a amortec 900 technique or a nanospeed 9000 s type which racket do u reccomend me to get?

-i like control
    -light racket
    -drop shots
    -love backhand
    -money does not matter

also wat kind of string do u reccomend and wat kind of grip, replacement or over grip?

ty.

2. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    i pefer the at900t but i never tried the nanospeed 9000s before. Both are good racquets. I pefer the BG85 on my at900t becuase it gives way more repulsion compared to the BG80. I dont hit that hard so my strings dont break often. THe at900t design is very nice tho, i think the paint is pretty durable. At900t has a longer grip than other racquets. 900t is a bit heavy but light also (4uG5) feels great.

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    It depends on what you mean by a "light racket." Many people have said this, and I'll reiterate it. To get the most potential out of the AT 900s, you'd want a 3U unless it's burdensome.

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    To say in short:

Both AT-900T and NS-9000S are less extremes than their other counterparts and more forgiving, you could say they are somewhat easy to use and more all-rounder racquets. The difference really comes down to the player.

NS = Headlight and for speed/defense/finesse/control
    AT = Headheavy and for power/offense

You can't really go wrong between these two, as said before, they're both kind of balanced (not head balance, as in game balance) all-rounders and defensive in comparison to their other versions, and easily adjustable to, but the question is, do you want to play an aggressive or defensive game?

My conclusion: Get the NS-9000S.

Any string is fine, if you're a hard hitter on a budget, you might want a thicker string for the durability, if you want repulsion, get a thinner string, read around, there is no bad string. You don't need a replacement grip for a new racquet, as for overgrips, refer to Dink's overgrip reviews in the equipment forum.

#4 Midget_Boy, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  5. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

just wat do u reccoemnd for a technique player? just pick one for me please

6. Midget_Boy

Student
    Get the NS-9000S.

It's easier to recover with and quicker to maneauver because it is headlight.

7. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

why not at 900 t btw i am weak player so which racket do u reccomend , i cant really smash.

8. Tsumaranai

Student
    That's not true. A number of people who have the racket or who have tested the AT 900t have said that it's really easy to maneuver and perhaps even more responsive than the NS9Ks. I wouldn't put too much thought into this. If you have a fast swing speed, then the NS may be a good value. If you don't, then the AT might give you a better bang for less.

9. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

lol how about this, which racket would u say looks bettr? how do u know if u swing fast or slow lol?? when i swing i just aim at the birdie and when its in position i flick my wrist but yes i sometimes do a full swing+wrist.

10. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

ok ok ok which racket is lighter? ns9000s right?

11. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    since moeny dont matter get both

12. coleismybear

coleismybear Regular Member

Laundry washer
    Ah. both racquets are head heavy to me. TO ME. i have both. maybe i am accustomed to using Ti 7 light. but i feel that NS9KS is not as head heavy as AT900T xD

13. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    At900t is very good. I love mine. But it depends on which one you like nanospeed or armotecs. I feel both is like above very forgiving. Easy to hit the sweetspot and not that stiff of a shaft. But, i like my at900t there hasnt been much of a review here about the at900t only alittle. IF anyone can give more infromation :)

14. Tsumaranai

Student
    Well, on the looks side, the AT 900t definitely wins in that category. :p Of course, others might have a difference in opinion.

15. Midget_Boy

Student
    It MAY not be true, but it MAY also not be false. In other words, there is no definitive answer, as you said in your own words, a different racquet suits a different player, ;) hence the words of others can only help you so far. I based my decision on the generalties of racquet design and my own experience with these racquets, so again, it's different for everyone.

The best way to find what you suits you best is to try out the choices yourself; even if you pick the racquet that doesn't match you best, all in all, these two racquets are extremely good picks and don't have any true weakness, you wouldn't be missing out too much unless you are at the top of your game.

There really is no lighter racquet (except for small individual racquet differences) between these two, while one may be heavier in the head, it will also be lighter shaft/cone area, and vice-versa. Racquets with the same weight class (U) will weigh the same (+/- 3 grams), the difference as said earlier is from individual racquet differences. A 3U AT-900T and a 3U NS-9000S will weigh about the same, while a 4U AT-900T will be lighter than a 3U NS-9000S.

16. JianKaiSG

JianKaiSG Regular Member

Student
    at900t seems heavier then ns9ks as its stiffer ... thats all ...

17. badtom [fr]

badtom [fr] Regular Member

I personnally use AT900P in single, never test AT900T [my bank don't want!]

My Nanospeed9000S is very reactive end my favorit double racket.
    I think that Nanospeed's familly is more adapted to your requirements
    The fact that these rackets have a light head return them more effective for the defence and the fast movements.

PS:Saddened for my bad English but in France us are too proud to learn of the other one languages :eek:)

18. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

wait how about this which racket do u prefer for doubles and which for singles?

19. badtom [fr]

badtom [fr] Regular Member

AT900P for single
    Nanospeed 9000 S for double
    But it's just my opinion

20. Tsumaranai

Student
    You mean the AT 900T, right? Because the P is way too stiff, and he said he wasn't that strong, and preferred drops and more defensive shots.