Future Badminton Stars

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by samuel882, Sep 1, 2007.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Hereis some of the promising star of badminton arena in the coming future. They will be players to watch after 2008 Beijing Olympics..

MAS
    MS

1. Mohd Arif Latif :eek:
    2. Tan Chun Seang :eek:
    3. Chan Kwon BEng ;)
    4. Chong Wei Feng;)
    5. Lee Hock Lai :rolleyes:
    6. Lim Kenn :rolleyes:

MD
    1. Khoo Chung Kiat (Khoo again :eek::D) / Mohd Azif Abdul Latif
    2. Chan Peng Soon/ Chang Hun Pin
    3. Mak Hee Chun/ Lim Khim Wah
    4. Kuan Kam Chung/ Teo Kok Siang. (I fink its better for them to concentrate their power's game in the Doubles rather than MS)
    5. Ong Jien Guo/ Goh Wei Shern :rolleyes:

INA
    MS

1. Tommy sugiarto - Will facing some internal challenge.. But no doubt will be the INA best hopes for the future..
    2. Andrea Tedjono Kurniawan - exciting players :p
    3. Alamsyah Yunus
    4. Indra Bagus
    5. Bandar Sigit Pamungkas
    6. Fauzi Adnan

MD
    1. Rian/Yoke - Hot Picks;)
    2. Bohna/ Ahsan
    3. Saputra Albert/ Ariffin
    4. Lingga/Fitriawan

China
    MS

1. Lu yu
    2. Qiu Yan Bo
    3. Chen Long:eek:
    4. Lu QiCHeng
    5. Gong Weijie

MD
    1. Shen Yen /He Han Bin;)
    2. XuChen / Sun JunJie

KOR
    MS

1. Hong Ji Hoon:eek:
    2. Hwang Jun Woon
    3. Han Ki Hoon
    4. Park sung Min

MD
    1. Han Sang Hoon / Cho Gun Woo:eek::eek:
    2. Yoo Yeon Seong / Jeon Jeon Bum ( Not Sure YYS will be paired up with HSH for permanent of temporary) :confused:
    3. Kim Dong Hun/ Shin Baek Choel
    Hopes Some inputs to edit the above & add any players that i have left up.. Will be interesting to see those names will be shined or just out shadow by the others in the future.. ;)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

For INA's MD:
    certainly no 1 pick from Team Pelatnas is Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan. They are both only 19 this year and the future certainly is bright if they maintain current performance. Bona could learn from his older brother, Markis Kido. If PBSI sends this pair to more Gold GP and hopefully SS by mid next year, they should be the one to watch out for in World Championships 2009 and 2010; and definitely for the Asian Games 2010 (22 yo) and Olympics 2012 (24 yo).

Next up will be Fernando Kurniawan/Subakti, although I haven't seen enough of them to make a judgement.

Wiqfi Windarto/Alfiat Yuris Wirawan is also a contender...they are younger than Bona/Ahsan, I think they are only 18. A SF placing in the Indonesia Challenge is a good result for them.

As for Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, they might be slightly old for the Olympics 2012, since they will be around 27 yo by then. The other complication is the fact that they have quit Pelatnas and whether they can go to the Asian Games or Olympics will be a problem. Nevertheless, I think they have a realistic chance of being a top 10 pair by next year.

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

MAS
    MS

No.. Lee Hock Lai was dropped a long time ago.. About one year ago..
    As for rising stars, you forgot to mention:

- Daren Liew
    - Chong Li Qun
    - Beryno Wong

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    JAP
    MS

Kenichi Tago

DEN
    MS

Jan Ø. Jørgensen
    Peter Mikkelsen

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    China
    WS
    Wang Yihan
    Wang Lin
    Jiang Yanjiao

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I hope we will see stars from Europe... If badminton has no Euro-champs, then it is no fun... :( ...and we will loose our spot in the Olympics... :crying::crying::crying:

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Me too.. Hopes there is some stars emerge beside the traditional powerhouse , such as Denmark..

8. LIMEY

LIMEY Regular Member

student
    maybe from england. badminton is getting quite famous there after their top XD players robertson/emms and clark/kellogg

9. lamlam50254

lamlam50254 Regular Member

yeah! yanjiao jiayuo!!!^V^

10. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I fink INA should consider sending 1 or 2 Juniors for TC'08... Not to rely too much on TH... And also give the quota to singles instead of doubles players.

So as MAS team. Every MJs should fight for a place since the third singles has been an wide open challenge.

The idea team for filling out the player's quota should be : 5 Singles, 2 doubles pairs & one reserve doubles players

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Europe countries are not concerating on badminton bcoz their players are not doing well in badminton.
    But i hope one day badminton will be widely accepted in the whole world.Thats my only hope for badminton

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

ENG does have some potential MD and XD pairs. With Tan Kim Her's help, they should remain a threat in these 2 disciplines (plus the WD). They are not exactly young, but, we know that European players are usually late bloomers, like Anthony Clark/Robert Blair and Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg only show improved performance in the past 2 years only.

MD:
    Robert Adcock/Robin Middleton (21/22 yo)

XD:
    Robert Adcock/Sarah Bok (21/22 yo)

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That is true!

Paul Eric Hoyer Larsen won the Olympic gold at 30+ years old. Jens Ericksen-Martin Lungaard also became very competitive world-beaters at 30+... Kenneth Jonassen also...

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA
    WS
    Maria Febe Kusumastuti; she already floats like a butterfly, just haven't sting like a bee... :p She needs more power than today. She may very well be the next INA #1 WS after Maria Kristin and Firdasari retires... Febe and Pia are the top contenders to replace Maria and Firda...

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

True also. We also have our very own CTF/LWW. However i dont think they can last as long as Jens and Martin do. But at least they can still play at the highest level until now.

In terms Indonesian players. I can see that what the private sector does to the players is a good thing. The jrs need good support and management. Unfortunately PBSI can't do much.. they need to have a revamp. I'm sure Indonesia will be back on track as consistent world beaters like those old days. At least they have more players than us the Msians.

We still need alot of young players. Not enough.

16. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    According to some of my frans from Euro, Most European family would encourage their kids to learn & enhanced their football skills over others sports. The PRO football players could earn at least 5000-8000 euro dollar weekly minus tax. While PRO from badminton earning is very damn poor !
    If they discovered that they doesn't have enough talent in Football, then only they will considered switch their attention to other sports.. Mayb badminton.
    I believe this is the main keys which affected Most of the Euro badminton to become late - bloomers in international badminton arena.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Haha...you keep "promoting" Febe :p
    I thought Slyvinna Kurniawan might be a better prospect than her :cool:

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Both players are good also. Febe footwork is much better than Slyvinna, but Slyvinna shots execution is better than Febe IMO.

19. event

event Regular Member

Shin Baek Cheol is still a power in singles. He won the German Junior Open; however, you are right in that you never can tell with Koreans. So many switch to doubles after their junior years are up and Shin has already had some success in mixed. Kim Dong Hun is no longer on the national team. Jeon has been plagued by injuries ever since the Korea Open 2007. In doubles, some of the juniors may have a future. Lee Jung-hwan and Kim Ki-jung, for example, or Lee Dong-geun, Jung Eui-seok, and Kim Young-sun. It is a little early to tell what the partnerships will be.

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is fascinating that somehow Korea can produce many good MD or WD...eventhough they keep changing the pairs until getting the right ones...still young ones are the one to watch...Korea needs another back-up pair after LYD/JJS and LJJ/HJM...in a year or two, we will see the stronger Korean MD....