re incorrect crosses pattern + misc questions.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mojopin, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    I just strung my at700 @23m/25c /w bg85 ( my first "real" stringing-4 practices first) and i was so damn frustrated with the shared grommits that i wasnt really paying attention to my pattern when stringing the crosses. End result: three crosses in a row have the same "under-over" pattern. :(

Im just wondering if this will Have any effect on the racket. all i can imagine is that it will cause the crosses to slide more during rallys so ill have to fix them, but is it possible it will weaken the mains as they dont have the same support from the crosses?

also, i use a pros pro challanger and was wondering which side of the wieght do i read the scale from. I know which scale i read, but do i read from the side closest the end of the drop bar, or closest the pivot point? or neither?

finally, when doing knots , and for example you half hitch and then proknot, should i tighten the half hitch fully then tie a pro knot, or kinda, tidy them all up together and tighten them all at the same time (does that make sense to anyone?)

cant think of anymore questions... im sure i will. Thanks for any answers, and kudos for all the help i found in the forum already.

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Depends where your 3 mis-weaved crosses are.
    If they are near the throat, I wouldn't worry about them.
    If they are near the head, there's more chance of a main breaking on a mis-hit
    If they are in the sweet-spot, I would probably restring.

When I have mis-weaved on my own racquets and not noticed until after tying off, it has only been 1 mis-weave, so I have kept it and played with it. But then it was either very near the tip or throat, so not where you usually hit it.

I would expect you read the scale from the side nearest the pivot point.

Normal tie-off is half-hitch 1, pull 1 tight, half-hitch 2, pull 2 tight

Pro Knot is half-hitch 1, half-hitch 2 with tail through half-hitch 1, pull 1 tight, pull 2 tight

3. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    cool. thanks very much neil.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Search for "dental floss", or get a round tip owl. It will make your life much easier. If you prefer pre-string, it can usually solve the problem as well. ;)

5. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    oh i know about that. i just had no floss and didnt want to leave my racket mounted to go to the shops. in hind sight, it would have been quicker.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Then, a round tip awl can help. ;)