Yonex Isometric 76...comments plz

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by paul, Mar 30, 2002.

1. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    Hey everyone I started playing badminton in grade 7 for the school team and I really liked it so I started going to the juniors session at a local gym and also played with a few of the 'old guys'. Now I am in grade 9 and I just bought a Yonex Isometric 76 VF racket in place of the one I got in grade 7 (Carlton AirBlade Flex). I have a pretty strong smash so this racket seemed like a good fit. I was just wondering how everyone else liked or disliked the racket? Any comments about the racket would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Josh B.

Josh B. Guest

I have this racquet and I quite like it. It wouldn't be suited for advanced players but then again it only matters what racquet suits you the best. The Iso 76 VF is even better with BG 65 strings strung at about 22 lbs to 25 lbs. Also my suggestion would be to get some kind of an overgrip because the thin hard grip that comes on the racquet is no good.

3. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    Is it just me or does this racket seem rare? I searched for it on the net but I can't find to much.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I think the 76VF is either discontinued or the numbers have changed. A badminton rep told me about it but I forgot exactly what he said but it's something like that.

5. jon

jon Guest

Its discontinued...
    its now the "77vf"

...and its green and black...a very ugly combination of colors infact...