Good Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Zhi, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Zhi

Zhi Regular Member

Student
    Anyone out there know of a good string that maintains its tension for a long time?
    i have used bg65 and bg70 for a bit, but found that both the stringing tensions go down quite easily

2. jon

jon Guest

bg80 holds it tension for about 1.5months...

3. Tom

Tom Regular Member

Gosen GS-88 (Tec Gut Tour) is a fine string that holds tension quite well. Pretty good for a 0.66mm string. Ashaway Flex 21 Micro can be another one at the 0.70mm mark.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I would go for Gosen Roots B505 lasts very long and it Gosen's top of the line string even thou they are trying to promote Root Aeromet. I used to go with Yonex strings but I don't because they break too easily when I had BG-80. B505 is equivalent and better than BG-80 in terms of power and durability. With B505, you do need to increase your tention to about 2.75 higher than what you use to tighten with Yonex strings because they stretch more than Yonex when they stabilize.

Also note about Yonex is that their guage is not quite accurate. When they say BG-80 is .68mm, that meahns it's .68mm before the string is stretched, so after than it's thinner. Also note, color of Yonex strings matters because the thickness is different. With Gosen strings, when the guage is .68, it's .68 after it's stretched which is accurate and colors of the string do not matter.

Hope this helps.

5. Sony

Sony Guest

BG88Ti and BG68Ti hold tension very well.

6. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    This is a real problem actually, i used to use BG-65 but i found that the tension dropped to fast. So i switched to the BG-66 which holds tension a little better. But tension still drops. I find that its also due to the stringer as well, it also affects how fast/slow the tension drops.

But what i end up doing nowadays is stringing the racket 1lb higher than i normally would like it. So i string my Iso rackets at 26lbs and my Cab at 25. The iso rackets tend to drop a little more as the head shape is bigger. So the tension would normally settle around 24/25 ish...