Crank machine experts... HELP!!! Locking arm problems

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Mark A, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Since the crank on my PP Pilot was difficult to rotate, I looked in the manual and found an adjustment to the locking arm. Unfortunately, my spanner slipped and now I can't get the arm back to where it was.

I can get one of two results: either the crank turns freely with the level popped out, or the crank DOESN'T turn with the lever IN. I obviously need the point right in between these.

HELP, PLEASE!!!:crying::crying::crying:

P.S. This message is in another thread, but I thought I'd try and start a new one since I'm desperate.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Crisis averted, but if you're ever going to make this adjustment, NEVER slip and move the spanner!

The locking arm is attached to a worm gear which, when the arm pops out of the catch, locks up against a plate. A long bolt holds this worm gear to the mechanism, and arriving at the correct arm position requires a complex ballet of turning the bolt and worm gear microns at a time, then supergluing the crap out of the bolt head to make sure it doesn't work loose!

3. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

superglue :eek: for screws on just about everything try locktite first. Its a non permanant glue that keeps the screws from turning after it dries. Results: screws that dont move and are still removable/adjustable later on.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That's what I ended up doing! Superglue around the master bolt, so I can adjust the locking arm travel.