User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how to grip the badminton grip

to all the pros here, can u guys please guide the right way to grip the badminton grip? and i hope that u guys provide the photo to make it clear and easy to understand. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh quite simple, hold the racquet so you can not see the string bed, your hand should form a v shape.

||<---racquet head(with no visible strings)
    ||
    :<----shaft
    :
    V<----grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm.. i mean how to put up the overgrip sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
    uh quite simple, hold the racquet so you can not see the string bed, your hand should form a v shape.

||
    :
    V<----grip
    That reminds us to start a new post and head as "How to use a Badminton Racket"

Erm ...actually i haven't seen people doing overgrips (my racquets are overgripped by the shop ppls ....) so i dont know =.=|||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming this is an overgrip (not a replacement grip), the process is fairly straight forward.

There should be an angled part on the strip of grip (haha that rhymes...) which kind of looks like it has been cut off (compared to the rest of the grip)

That part shoudl have a little piece of paper on it which keeps the sticky part moist. Remove the paper and place the angled part parallel to the base of the handle. This is important because this allows the rest of the grip to be angled as opposed to straight (don't know if that's confusing for you).

Once the grip is stuck on the bottom, proceed to wrapping the grip aroundn the handle. This is usually a personal part, because you can either wrap it fairly 'compactly' and have the endof the overgirp just reaching the cone. Or, my personal preference, wrap the grip fairly evenly (not too compactly) and have it end at the top of the cone. I like my grips on the top of the cone

Then use the supplied tape to secure the grip to the handle/cone/shaft; wherever it ends up. If you end up on the shaft, you probably will find that you won't use much tape.

If you require diagrams or pictures, I can provide you with some. I may have to regrip some racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post

||
    :
    V<----grip
    Actually, the grip is supposed to (Gollum says that this grips is correct, as well as my coach) that your thumb should should be resting flat in the largest side bevel, so the V formed by your thumb and index finger is around the bevel between the largest, one, and the side bevel (the diagonal). Just being a bit nitpicky XD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohhohh molohov could provide some pics pleaaaase? i think i understand the gist of it, but some pics would be ever so great =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisyay View Post
    ohhohh molohov could provide some pics pleaaaase? i think i understand the gist of it, but some pics would be ever so great =D
    yeah~ waitin the d pics oso..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a search on the internet about this before and found a good little video clip.

It is generally recommended that when you start to grip the handle, you wrap the grip round one and a half times before you start to move up the handle.

But my advice is give it a go, it makes much more sense when you try it, and tho the idea can be a bit scary when you try it it's actually not that hard. Honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    I did a search on the internet about this before and found a good little video clip.

It is generally recommended that when you start to grip the handle, you wrap the grip round one and a half times before you start to move up the handle.

But my advice is give it a go, it makes much more sense when you try it, and tho the idea can be a bit scary when you try it it's actually not that hard. Honest.
    mind to share us the video clip link?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my overgrip goes opposite direction of my grip. <_>! so there are like 2 ridges lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

start at the bottom and wind up the handle towards the cone its not rocket science.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morewood View Post
    start at the bottom and wind up the handle towards the cone its not rocket science.
    It may not be rocket science, but you could regard it as racket science, get it? .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey,

i can post pictures when i get home from work tonight. what should i use; neon blue super grap or black mesh grap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molohov View Post
    hey,

i can post pictures when i get home from work tonight. what should i use; neon blue super grap or black mesh grap?
    imo, neon blue super grap is nicer lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dungzzz View Post
    to all the pros here, can u guys please guide the right way to grip the badminton grip? and i hope that u guys provide the photo to make it clear and easy to understand. thanks
    i wonder if you mean this http://www.badmintoncentral.com/badm...nt/view/41/33/
    just curious...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dungzzz View Post
    you want photos.... try this http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/R...egripping.html
    if just want to put overgrip, just ignore the taking off the original grip, just wrap over similiar to the webpage shown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast