Iso900SX vs Ti-10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kwun, Apr 3, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i posted this question a while ago. now i have an answer myself.

i recently bought a Iso900SX (SP) and am really loving it. previously, i went from Iso900SR (SP) to Iso900SS (CN), and felt that it was a good natural progression. on going from SS to SX, both rackets are strung by the same guy, the SS BG88Ti@26lbs, the SX BG88Ti@25lbs (1 lb lower as i am afraid it will snap because it is not a CN version)

the jump from the SS to the SX, however, is much steeper.

i will try to compare it to the Ti-10, i only have a TW version. so give it a grain of salt.

<b>weight</b> : the SX is considerably stiffer and heavier than the SS (i had a CN version SS, which is already sturdier than the regular version). i mean, much heavier. it took a little bit of time to adjust to it. Ti-10 is similar in weight, the SX is perhaps a little bit heavier.

<b>feel</b> : each shot feels much more solid, however, it also takes more effort as it is stiffer. the stability of the racket is better than the SS, i don't need to spend extra strength to stabilize the racket, the shot just goes wherever i point the racket to, and the racket will stay in course. comparing to the Ti-10, this is where the SX excels. the Ti-10 feels numb. i'd say it gives very poor feel and the feedback on impact doesn't compare to the Iso900. the SX doesn't compare to the cab20 when it comes to feel though.

<b>power transfer</b> : excellent! the shaft of the SX is stiff, yet very springy. you will still strong muscles to propel the racket, but if you did bring it to speed, the birdie will just fly out with a big <b>BANG</b>. you won't lose a bit of power. the feedback of the impact is also very good. i haven't had a racket feeling like that except for the cab20. the Ti-10 is ok in this department, but not comparable to the Iso900.

so my Ti-10 will be going into storage, and hopefully i will still be able to find a few more Iso900SX in stock somewhere....

2. Sam

Sam Guest

kwun, where are you located? Can i thought yonex discontinued the iso 900. many thanks.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes, Yonex did discontinue the Iso900 but you can still find them in some Asian countries like Hongkong. the supply is limited though.

i live in the US. i had my mother bring me the racket from HK when she last came visit.

4. cahdeso

cahdeso Regular Member

PhD student in Australia (final Year), Lecturer in
    Brisbane Australia and Lampung, Indonesia
    Hi kwun,

I'm just curious, how much is Ti-10 TW version there? is it chepaer than others? or about the same?

Thanks for the info.

5. sam

sam Guest

kwun how much was the racket iso 900? I was in Hong Kong in February and I couldn't find it. Can you ask your mom where she got the racket for you? many thanks