Europe Tour

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin7, Sep 7, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Guys, I need some inputs from those of you have been to Europe.

Currently, I'm being offered to a 13D10N best of Europe Tour to be departed on one of these dates: 2007 Nov 16th, 22nd or 29th. It covers Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Belgium, France & England.

Itinerary:
    Day 1: Depart for Rome
    Day 2: Arrival Rome (L) - Rome city tour (include Vatican)
    Day 3: Rome/Florence/Pisa/Montecatini (B/L) - visiting Pisa Tower, Florence city tour
    Day 4: Florence (Montecatini)/Venice (B/L) - Venice island tour
    Day 5: Venice/Lake Lugano (B/D) - relax at Lake Lugano
    Day 6: Lake Lugano/Lucerne Region (B/D) - take cable car up to Mt Titlis, Lucerne city tour.
    Day 7: Lucerne Region/Rhineland (B/D) - visit Lake Titi & Black Forest, view Rhine Falls
    Day 8: Rhineland/Amsterdam (B/L) - continue journey to the north for fascinating Amsterdam city tour
    Day 9: Amsterdam/Paris (B/L) - Brussels city tour, proceed to Paris, city of light
    Day 10: Paris (B/L) - Paris city tour, enjoy a Seine River cruise
    Day 11: Paris/London (B/L) - board high-tech, super hi speed train, Eurostar & cross the Eurotunnel to London, London city tour
    Day 12: Depart for home (B)
    Day 13: Arrival home

The whole package including 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners, airport tax & tips abt RM9k.

2. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    dont bother with a package tour. just do it yourself. more fun. and alot cheaper. Tipping isnt custom in most places. paris is REALLY expensive as is london. Try go to prague and barcellona as they are the most magnificent cities in Europe imo. Dont go to belgium. boring.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

DIY could be cheaper but do you really want to go through all the hassle(?).

RM9000 is about 1900 euro, ticket is 700(?) so what can you do for 1200 euro in 13 days :).

As for the tour: I think the things it covers are just fine, especially when you're not from europe ;) Go on the 29th, you should be able to visit plenty of christmas markets in Germany and London and maybe elsewhere.
    I presume the tips must be for the tour guides ...

4. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    buy an inter-rail ticket.

5. LeBoufon

LeBoufon Regular Member

Student
    I think a lot of your time will be spent travelling from one place to another. I don't like spending a lot of time on the bus/train/whatever, so I'd visit less places, but stay in each place longer. You can easily spend 4-5 exciting days in Paris/London/Rome, there's a LOT to be seen in these cities.

Btw, Belgium is not boring :p

6. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

I'd go to prague...czech chicks rules!!! or any slavik country for that matter.

7. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    i know, i know, im sorry. Excellent waffles and beer. Saw my first ever nuclear reactor in belgium. scared me a little. Got good mueseums and stuff. Cant rememeber much else.

8. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I agree with LeBoufon. Try to avoid travelling time.

Although your schedule looks interesting I'd want 3-4 times longer to complete it.....

Or a slightly modified version: first week in Italy, add more days in Rome (2) and Florence (1). After Venice (skip Lake Lugano etc) go to Vienna. Then Paris (no Amsterdam/Brussels) and finally London.

Next year/trip do (St:petersburg) Prague, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam (Scandinavia or Spain).

But since I guess this is a fixed schedule I think you should take the chance, just be prepared that all the traveling might wear you out. And as demolidor says, do take the 29th trip.