Found some solution for the broken frame.

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Smichz, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I dont know whether u guys knew about this,but broken frame problem can be solved.The reason why i post this thread is because i never seen any threads that talks about this.I found this solution while i went back to indo.I went to some stores n consulting about how can i repair my broken frame.While i'm in china,a racket repairer told me that in my case(2 point breaks,on 12 n 2 o'clock position),it's really hard to repair it.In case if he could repair it,it can't hold a high tension like i wanted as well.It can only go up to 20 lbs.His method of repairing is to use some glue,n put some steel stick into the broken points,which will also add some more weight to the frame.It'll cost me about 20 USD,but with no guarantee that the repair would work good.So,it turns me down n i thought i may find a better solution.

I was right,there is another solution.It was the new frame n the t-joint.It costs less than 5 USD.The frame n t joint is similar to the old carbonex rackets,which still carries the old steel t-joint on the outside.It can be strung up to 26 lbs.How to do it?It requires u to cut down the original frame n some small part of the shaft n change it to a new frame n the t-joint.After the frame is cutted down,the new frame is joined by the t-joint,join it to the shaft.

I havent tried it yet,quite busy these days,but i'll let u guys know after i tried,about how it feels.

Hope this tip is useful for all of u who wanted to bring back our R.I.P soldiers to the war field again.:):):)

#1 Smichz, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

The big question here is where would you get the same frame (not just any frame) to replace the frame of your broken racquet?

3. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    ya, where would you get the frame???

4. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    If this method works, you could customize and create your own racquet, opening a new world of possibilities, :p . MP-99 frame + NS-9k shaft, CAB-20 frame with AT-700 shaft. I don't know why you would do that, but a possibility nonetheless, for originality at least, ;) . Maybe even mix it up with Yonex/Mizuno or Carlton/SOTX, :p .

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yeah..that's possible though.Customize the head n shaft of different racquets.But that requires something i guess.Sacrifice!Perhaps if ur high value racket for ex:"AT900"'s frame is broken,u can change its frame with another older or less valued racket's frame.But it can only be joined by the yonex old type t-joint.In my case,i bought 2 frames n 2 t-joint in indonesia,right in "old pasar pagi".They sell these things over there.Otherwise,ask ur racket distributor if they have these things or u can ask ur indo friends to buy it n ship it to wherever u r.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Wouldn't it be too much trouble? Why not just get a replacement if the racquet is still uner the manufacturer's warranty? But experimentation is always interesting.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Interesting experiement, but i see some problems:

1. In wester world, the labor charge is usually a lot of higher, and the professional workmanship in badminton is rare. It always NOT possible to find a repair pro in local area, and the bill can be as high as a new racket, with no gurantee.

2. Most breakages I see are at the frame. Very few cases regarding shaft or handle. Therefore, it's hard to obtain the new frame, as the demand is much higher than the shaft or handle.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Isnt the frame that is one of the most fragile part of every rackets,LazyBuddy?Well..this method,if possibly executed,by joining 2 different racket parts together,to get a new mutant racket.Like frankenstein racket.LOL..

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Actually,u can do it by urself.U just need a driller(to make a small hole on the t-joint,for stringing),a strong glue,and something to cut the shaft.But still,u have to search out for the parts,in this case,the frame n the outer t-joint.Once u got the parts,u can try to do it by urself.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That's exactly my point. Most broke racket has the broken head frame. Therefore, it's very hard to obtain a broken racket, with a almost perfect frame, but a broken shaft / handle. :rolleyes:

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Any one want a hybrid of NS9Ks shaft with AT900p frame? I can order 1 each and use the outer t joint to create the monster. NOT!

12. skunklover

student
    I forsee a solution...
    find everybody with a racket in the racket graveyard, and have all the broken rackets sent to one person!!!then, have them do orders and make said rackets...all proceeds from sales go to BadmintonCentral.com:D:D:D:DNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    O yeah, sounds extremely safe! :rolleyes:

Umm, do let us know where you're playing... so that we can all keep away.
    The last thing you want is to get hit in the face by a flying racquet head. :D

14. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

hmmm.... I just realize that's why some shops carry just the T-Join frame.
    However, you couldn't get the same frame as you had before.

Good luck for your new weird racket :p :p :p
    and don't forget to post when you are able to play

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Ok Guys..finally the experiment is done,n it works well.Tried to play with it n..gosh,unbelievable,this thing is hot!Even though the appearance might look a lil bit weird n ugly,but this thing can play!Strung at 25 lbs,afraid that the considered cheap frame(Rp 25K(3USD)) cant hold such a high tension,but in fact,it's still a monster.It could hold some strong smashes.So..This is what all of us were waiting for!The pictures that will say a thousand words!!

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is how it looks like before it's broken..

[​IMG]

After it's broken..=(

After about 4 months waiting,at last,i found this method..

This is what u first need..

[​IMG]
    An outer T-joint from any old rackets,or buy it if they sell it.And a good frame.

[​IMG]
    U have to cut the head of the "Dead soldier",and grind the end of the shaft,so that it'll fit into the t-joint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then,plug it into the t-joint,and then,plug the frame also into the t-joint...

[​IMG]
    It'll look like this afterwards..

[​IMG]
    Keep the head of ur "Dead soldiers" if u want..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After that,put lots of strong glues,first to the point where the t-joint connects to the frame,let it dry.After it's really dry,then glue it to the point where the t-joint connects to the shaft.

[​IMG]

Then spray some paint to make ur "awaken soldier" looks good..

Give it a try guys!!Make some Hybrid rackets!!

#16 Smichz, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I know that most of us doubt that this would work.Myself as well,didnt really expect that this would work.But the result is so suprising.Tried to really smash few times with it,and also,play normally..n yet,nothing happend.Of course,a really good glue to hold the parts strong is strongly needed.

#17 Smichz, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  18. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    damn....welcome to the "make your own rackets" course...i wonder if you could buy this kinda thing online...or better yet, instead of glue, would sodering(sp?) the 2 parts together be better than glue?

19. skunklover

student
    random question...they SELL the T-joints????

20. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

what kind of glue are you using?