Badminton project... need help ?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by OupsOfCow, Sep 9, 2007.

1. OupsOfCow

OupsOfCow Regular Member

Well since i"m from an international high school =_= I gotta do a personal project... and I chose to do it about Badminton:D:D:D but then I went to the national library of Quebec... and I found some crappy books about badminton =_= well some weren't crappy but it was really old... like 1992 ... anyone know what book I could get (a recent one would be appreciated) for information about Badminton Techniques and tactics... (simples) the most detailed possible...

Then again... detailed but well arranged, because the 1992 books were quite a mess... well for me it was hard to understand the things.

Anyways Thanks a lot

2. jeeves

jeeves Regular Member

You should try looking for Steven Baddeley's Go And Play Badminton Book or try to get a copy of Butch Oreta's Advanced Badminton Techniques. The co-author (i think his handle name is vip_m or vipm or something like that) is in this forum. You can try to write him.

I think Advanced Badminton Techniques is a very good book because there are frame-by-frame shot and footwork analysis. Some of the concepts shown are also explained in depth which makes excellent reading for newbies and advanced players alike. I think there's a thread somewhere in the forum about reviews of the book too

3. OupsOfCow

OupsOfCow Regular Member

Ohhhh How much is the books? because I found some books near my home at like... 20$ USD =_=

4. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

1992 is old? Actually, last week my coach dug out an old book from the 1950s about badminton. While the techniques they taught were out of date, the principles are the same.

5. OupsOfCow

OupsOfCow Regular Member

Yeah, well for my teachers... =_= they don't know anything about Badminton... so they think it works like science I guess.... If it's more recent, it's more accurate (correction of mistakes and everything) So it gives my research a bonus :p And I think some vocabulary changed with time... For example, (My friend told me that) the central rotational movement is now called weight transfert (maybe it was a bad translation from the french "Rotation Centrale" and Transfert du poids" :p) THanks anyways

6. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
  7. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Do what is this project about?

8. OupsOfCow

OupsOfCow Regular Member

Oh well I chose the subject, but it's about the various techniques of badminton and the tactics of the game of simples and the basic principes. I also include some frequent errors of beginners (since I'm one I can relate my stories :p) And I have half a year to do that and some other administrative works.... actually I'm kinda making a book for school that will count ... and if I fail this project I won't get my international bacchalaureat (But I won't fail... I guess lol)

9. Mathieu

Mathieu Regular Member

Student
    haha you better drop international high school!
    You'll have to do what they call "compte rendu de la démarche" after that and its pretty useless/long :p

But still, Advanced badminton techniques is a pretty good ebook but if you want some free articles, it's true that Jake Downey's articles about winning badminton singles/winning badminton doubles are very good. You could also include some of Lee Jae Bok's information while his videos are still free (just do a search on google or on this site)

10. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

There is a library in Cote-des-neiges, the multicultural library just in front of Plaze Cote des Neiges. In the sports section, there is 2-3 books on badminton. It's not recent, nor old, but basic badminton techniques and strategy didn't really changed in the past 10 years....
    And, there is also the instructional videos here on BCF like Zhao Jian Hua, and on the ed2k network....

11. OupsOfCow

OupsOfCow Regular Member

ohhh thanks a lot guys! :D