User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can this be fixed?

    It was torn abit at that part the first time so got someone to stitch it for me and the stitch was done through the little holes on the side so now it got bigger. I noticed that Dinkalot has the same problem too with his SHB-99MX. But its kinda a waste if i didnt fixed it, because i wore it like 10-20 times but bought it last year.Well, if i cant get it fixed gonna be broke again with i buy a SHB-100, and lets hope its tougher than SHB-99MX.

    Anyone with any idea to fix it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would try to glue a piece of leather on the cut, before you buy a new pair, try it...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Depending on the warrenty peroid, it could of been replaced.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had the exact same problem with the SHB-92. It turns out the sizing of the shoes wasn't correct for my feet, at about 0.5 cm too large. Also, incorrect footwork also contribute to the rupture of the shoes.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1121 View Post
    It was torn abit at that part the first time so got someone to stitch it for me and the stitch was done through the little holes on the side so now it got bigger. I noticed that Dinkalot has the same problem too with his SHB-99MX. But its kinda a waste if i didnt fixed it, because i wore it like 10-20 times but bought it last year.Well, if i cant get it fixed gonna be broke again with i buy a SHB-100, and lets hope its tougher than SHB-99MX.

    Anyone with any idea to fix it ?
    yes, by an experienced shoemaker

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by jas1121 View Post
    It was torn abit at that part the first time so got someone to stitch it for me and the stitch was done through the little holes on the side so now it got bigger. I noticed that Dinkalot has the same problem too with his SHB-99MX. But its kinda a waste if i didnt fixed it, because i wore it like 10-20 times but bought it last year.Well, if i cant get it fixed gonna be broke again with i buy a SHB-100, and lets hope its tougher than SHB-99MX.

    Anyone with any idea to fix it ?
    exactly the same thing happened to my 99s. i had them sewn by a shoe repair store but after a few games, the hole just got bigger. i have friends who own 99s and they have the same problem. i now use shb 90MX. no problems so far but i can see that the seam between the leather upper and the sole is starting to come apart on the outer part of my left shoe near my toes.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alabang, Philippines
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueagle View Post
    exactly the same thing happened to my 99s. i had them sewn by a shoe repair store but after a few games, the hole just got bigger. i have friends who own 99s and they have the same problem. i now use shb 90MX. no problems so far but i can see that the seam between the leather upper and the sole is starting to come apart on the outer part of my left shoe near my toes.

    mine also have similar damage. But I havent heard from those who own a 99 limited if they have the same problem. I also bought the shb 90mx as a replacement. It doesnt give me any problems so far.

  8. #8
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    total lost.........
    get new shoe with wider in front. yonex shb80w??
    or try others such as victor, asics, mizuno....etc

  9. #9
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My suggestion is to have a new pair of shoe.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the 99MX, 99LTD and 100LTD and none of them have had that happen...

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, i oredi repaired mine. Seems to be doing with fine for now. I only use that shoe for training anyway.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't you guys have like the shoe repair man in malaysia? the last time I was in jakarta, there always a shoe repair man in my neighbourhood, offering service. espc useful for stitching football shoes to add durability.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia/Perth
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    i tried super glue and attached sports tape but inside still felt funny. it tore open anyway. using sotx sk-500a one now. but feels a bit heavier then the shb-90



    yes its super feet greens inside

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 450450 View Post


    i tried super glue and attached sports tape but inside still felt funny. it tore open anyway. using sotx sk-500a one now. but feels a bit heavier then the shb-90



    yes its super feet greens inside
    oh no! i have a feeling my shb90s would soon be like yours. i can already see the leather upper coming apart from the rubber sole on that same area of the shoe, but mine happens to be on the left pair. first, it was my shb99s that tore apart like jas1121's. had it sown but hole just bigger after several games.
    your new sotx shoes looks nice. how does it compare to the shb90s?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia/Perth
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's not too bad. very comfortable!

    but all shoes are the same really, dependant on material of course. i play and train 5-6 days a week. the shb-90 went through a lot of wear and tear. it lasted me 7 months. we'll see how long this sotx sk-500 lasts.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 450450 View Post
    it's not too bad. very comfortable!

    but all shoes are the same really, dependant on material of course. i play and train 5-6 days a week. the shb-90 went through a lot of wear and tear. it lasted me 7 months. we'll see how long this sotx sk-500 lasts.
    i see. my shb 90 is almost a year old now. i play and train around 5x a week also but i usually rotate using my two other pairs of shoes, a mizuno and hi tec.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I will try glue with that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. fixed clamp adjustment
    By kwun in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 17
    : 05-31-2014, 11:35 AM
  2. FS: Li-ning n90 -racket only : 7.5/10 , $120 fixed, (sg)
    By mauricetjw in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
  3. 1 vs 2 fixed clamps
    By Kevin402can in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 08-14-2010, 10:10 AM
  4. Fixed clamps?
    By mishiranu in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 3
    : 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
  5. WCH's match must be fixed!
    By ALI in forum All England 2004
    Replies: 28
    : 03-12-2004, 06:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •