User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 26
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 300 frames per second

    http://world.casio.com/ngdc/

    Just came across this while researching what video camera to get.

    300 frames per second will come in handy for training and analysis, and measuring how fast you're smashing!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    http://world.casio.com/ngdc/

    Just came across this while researching what video camera to get.

    300 frames per second will come in handy for training and analysis, and measuring how fast you're smashing!
    nice innovation. It would open up a new segment of photograhpy, merging video with still quality. However, for top smasher say 200mph, 300 fps still a bit slow.

    200mph = 11.7 inches movement per frame. Not bad if u dont mind +/- 10mph accuracy. For us intermediate player at 130-150 mph, it's not bad for speed estimation.
    Last edited by cooler; 09-10-2007 at 05:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Any difference..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    http://world.casio.com/ngdc/

    Just came across this while researching what video camera to get.

    300 frames per second will come in handy for training and analysis, and measuring how fast you're smashing!
    ..with a regular camcorder??..

  4. #4
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,958
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    nice innovation. It would open up a new segment of photograhpy, merging video with still quality. However, for top smasher say 200mph, 300 fps still a bit slow.

    200mph = 11.7 ft movement per frame. Not bad if u dont mind +/- 10mph accuracy. For us intermediate player at 130-150 mph, it's not bad for speed estimation.
    my calculation came out to 29.8cm per frame.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    my calculation came out to 29.8cm per frame.
    ur too fast kwun
    it was a typo, i shoulda typed inches

    11.7 inch ~ 29.7 cm

    yes it should have been 11.7333 inches to be more exact

    sorrli

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is that the only high speed camera available?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since someone brought up this question. I am wondering if someone has access to the camera they used to shoot Matrix. I think it will be very cool to have a sequence of a palyer doing a jump smash and rotate it in 360 degree. May be the slow motion shots while spiral up.

    This only happen in Matrix...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought for the matrix sequences, they used like 50 cameras and ran the shutters like dominos effect

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkwanster View Post
    I thought for the matrix sequences, they used like 50 cameras and ran the shutters like dominos effect
    Yes! you got it! That is one I am talking about.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh, I don't know then. Hopefully someone here knows...
    That would be awesome, seeing Lin Dan, Peter Gade or Lee Chong Wei doing a 360 matrix jump smash....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The EX-F1 does 1.200 fps.. not 300.. But I was told a delivery date somtime in feb/mars... Anyone knows about availability dates in Japan?

    /Twobeer

  12. #12
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hmm..

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Since someone brought up this question. I am wondering if someone has access to the camera they used to shoot Matrix. I think it will be very cool to have a sequence of a palyer doing a jump smash and rotate it in 360 degree. May be the slow motion shots while spiral up.

    This only happen in Matrix...
    Quote Originally Posted by mkwanster View Post
    I thought for the matrix sequences, they used like 50 cameras and ran the shutters like dominos effect
    ..they've had something sort of similar during all those tourneys before, with the who-knows-how-many-photographers surrounding the court in each matches..Even our kwun, red00ecstrat, AChan and Cheung had the court covered w/their high-end digicams and super fast and sharp lenses up, during the recent HK Open..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-07-2008 at 05:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You mean 1200 fps right? It won't be available until March 2008 (I don't know where in the world). It will cost something like around $999 US.

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    The EX-F1 does 1.200 fps.. not 300.. But I was told a delivery date somtime in feb/mars... Anyone knows about availability dates in Japan?

    /Twobeer

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Three views of the Casio Exilim EX-F1 camera, that Casio claims is the fastest burst shooting digital camera at 60 frames per second, on display at a news conference at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Sunday, Jan. 6, 2008 before the start of the convention on Monday. Casio also announced the camera can also do high speed video recording at 300 frames per second. The camera will be on sale in the spring for $999.
    (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkwanster View Post
    You mean 1200 fps right? It won't be available until March 2008 (I don't know where in the world). It will cost something like around $999 US.
    Yes. 1.200 (in european numerical format) is 1200 (not 1,200 (US format) )..

    /Twobeer

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe both 300fps and 1,200fps are correct, based on different resolutions. The highest quality is 300fps. At 1,200fps the quality is lower but still good enough for dvd, I think.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    I believe both 300fps and 1,200fps are correct, based on different resolutions. The highest quality is 300fps. At 1,200fps the quality is lower but still good enough for dvd, I think.
    As I understand it full 1920x1080 is only available at 60fps..

    for 300fps it is 512x384, for 600fps it is 432x192 and for 1200fps its 336x96...

    It is bit unclear if you can get the full 2816 x 2112 in the 1 second burst mode...

    /Twobeer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Oval Frames?
    By XKazeCloudX in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 9
    : 11-08-2007, 04:06 AM
  2. Frames
    By Byro-Nenium in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 51
    : 07-13-2004, 11:04 PM
  3. Bike Frames
    By wong in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 17
    : 06-14-2002, 12:02 PM
  4. Muscle Power Frames...
    By Andrew in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 4
    : 11-06-2001, 04:10 PM
  5. is thre any widebody MP frames???
    By Howard in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 07-24-2001, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •