User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the '92 Barcelona Olympics, Tang Xinfu was switched to coach Ladies doubles. I don't think he was ever assigned back to coach the men singles, since Indonesia was very strong in MS event at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    In fact, my original post mentions the Thing's defeat at Sumirat's hands.
    So what if your original post mentioned it? I was not responding to your original post. Do I need to quote your original post which was irrelevant to my post? I don't need to refer to your post because I know that fact before you posted it.

There's no dispute that Sumirat coached Taufik at a young age. However, on the question of Tang Xianhu coaching Taufik, did you speak with Hendrawan or Icuk?
    I did ask Hendrawan a few minutes ago, he said, "No, Taufik was never handled by Oom Tong" I also spoke with several other people within the National Team who were there when both Taufik and Coach Tang was in the National Team. Tang Xianhu was handling Women's Doubles when Taufik was a Junior Boy's Singles... [Exactly as I remembered too]...

Taufik's first crown in the Grand Prix circuit was the Brunei Open, at the age of 16 or 17. (Like in today's match at the Japan Open, it was Chen Hong that he beat in the first round!) This was in July 1998 when Tang Xianhu was still coaching Indonesia (he left for China later in the year). It follows that he must have guided the young Taufik as well.

Earlier, in 1997, Taufik was also the Asian men's singles junior champion. Again, this could not have been without Tang Xianhu's supervision.
    Tang was not always in charge of MS in INA. If people think he only managed one field [MS] while he was in INA, thus he must have guided Taufik, that is a misguided knowledge... Coach Tang's assignments varied... Just like in China... he moved from MD to WS to MS etc...

The best person to answer this question would be Taufik himself.
    Maybe kwun or cheung could ask The Thing
    I will ask Taufik himself next time I see him... The trick is to guess which nightclub he will visit this weekend...
    Last edited by Krisna; 09-14-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by viver View Post
    To my knowledge, Tang Xianfu liked heavier racquets, specially head-heavy ones. Have not heard about shaving the racquet to reduce weight and also believe that was not needed: he had racquets made for him according to his preference.
    You must understand that there are limits to how much you can custom-make your racquet. A shaved down wooden racquet might be the same weight as a steel racquet (and consequently that much more maneuverable), but at the expense of durability, which doesn't matter when you're a pro, since you get free racquets anyways.

So, keep in mind that a "heavy" racquet means different things when referring to a a)wooden b)steel c)carbon racquet frame.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    So what if your original post mentioned it? I was not responding to your original post. Do I need to quote your original post which was irrelevant to my post? I don't need to refer to your post because I know that fact before you posted it.
    My my, we're quite prickly today, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna
    I did ask Hendrawan a few minutes ago, he said, "No, Taufik was never handled by Oom Tong"
    Well, that settles it -- Tang Xiahu never coached Taufik
    I guess the next time Lin Dan beats Taufik, Tang Xianhu will have no reason to be sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TANG Xianhu is coaching LD now!!!
    And we have 4 new coaches now!!!
    LIU Yong,XIA Xuanze,JI Xinpeng,ZHANG Jun!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stumblingfeet View Post
    You must understand that there are limits to how much you can custom-make your racquet. A shaved down wooden racquet might be the same weight as a steel racquet (and consequently that much more maneuverable), but at the expense of durability, which doesn't matter when you're a pro, since you get free racquets anyways.
    What is the point having a racquet made to your specifications then?

Quote Originally Posted by stumblingfeet View Post
    So, keep in mind that a "heavy" racquet means different things when referring to a a)wooden b)steel c)carbon racquet frame.
    I am too slow... that's too deep. If a racquet is heavy, it does not matter if it is wood, steel or carbon, it still feels heavy.

At that time Tang Xianhu used the racquets manufactured by Aeroplane, manufactured under his specifications. These racquets feels even heavier than the then Carlton 3.7 series and he wouldn't switch his Aeroplane racquets (used in singles and doubles) with any other brands in the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a downloadable version of the television profile?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm told there's a torrent available

The torrent title is not in English.
    You'll need to search in 'Mandarin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm told there's a torrent available

The torrent title is not in English.
    You'll need to search in 'Mandarin'.
    On Badminton Central?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recent Pix of Tang

In May this year, Tang made a surprise visit to Jakarta during the Thomas Cup/Uber Cup competitions. Here are some pictures of him with the China contingent:
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pics!
    There's LD sitting beside him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    In May this year, Tang made a surprise visit to Jakarta during the Thomas Cup/Uber Cup competitions. Here are some pictures of him with the China contingent:
    everybody needs an oversea vacation sometime

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Surprise visit!? He's not the coach any more?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LI De Quan View Post
    TANG Xianhu is coaching LD now!!!
    And we have 4 new coaches now!!!
    LIU Yong,XIA Xuanze,JI Xinpeng,ZHANG Jun!!
    Tang does not coach LD full time....he told me that he had been asked to coach certain players when needed....
    Dont be surprised if one day, Tang comes back and become part time consultant for INA...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    One piece of info I just gathered....Tang Lao Shi's role has now been switched from WS to MS, specifically to coach Lin Dan to win the Olympics gold medal next year I think there is a slim hope that other players could win it now.
    I thought it would be a nice tribute here to post what I have been posting elswhere. I don't think it can be underestimated TXH's influence in LD winning Gold. LYB didn't do any talking to LD in intervals, TXH did it all. I believe he should be credited with creating the performance LD showed us today. Yes LD was the player, but he never played like that before.

A true Legend of Badminton, not as much in playing for various reasons, but in coaching his track record speaks for itself.

In playing we will never know if he was the greatest ever, but he must surely be making a point as the greatest ever coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Sounds to me: China is getting extremely confident that their WS will win the Olympic Gold eh? Fine! I hope Xu Huawen [Germany] or Pi Hongyan [France] can deliver one gold for Europe in badminton... THAT will jumpstart more European interest in badminton...
    No Maria at this time?? of the chart?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Dont be surprised if one day, Tang comes back and become part time consultant for INA...
    We can say never to anything in life, but personally this probability is quite low. He was with Indonesia before and decided to leave even though Indonesia wanted to retain his services.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

adding to jamesd20's tribute. i posted this in another thread but also relevant here:

TSF prepared Lin Dan well. despite his skill and power, LD best weapon today was his focus and determination. if anything perturb his focus, LCW will be able to sneak in and reverse the match.

TSF knew that.

Throughout the match, LD have had chances of emotional outburst. when LD turns back to look at TSF, TSF will put both his hands up to tell him calm down. esp in the 2nd to last rally of the match. LD was in the verge of bursting with victory but he looked at TSF and LD signed back to TSF telling him that "yes yes, l will stay calm."

No one else could have done it. LD is the rebelious type who would defy authority. TSF had the complete respect and authority over this rebelious LD to keep him in full mental focus and stability. he has not only groomed him perfectly technically but he has also prepared him perfectly mentally.

TSF has tamed the roaring tiger and made him into a champion. i believe the true champion of the match should be TSF.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast